Life in Ambridge


                                         Sleep suit destined for the memory box, not to passed on

Comments

  1. My latest great nibling, a few days older than Amber’s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a sweetheart! Many congratulations to the proud parents.

      Delete
    2. Gorgeous and looks a real cutie. 🩷

      Delete
  2. AmbridgesMrsPSeptember 29, 2026 at 10:21 PM
    Too many loose ends regarding Aldridge family and Home Farm.

    REPLY

    Lady RSeptember 30, 2026 at 12:52 PM
    Agree!


    MiriamSeptember 30, 2026 at 4:31 PM
    Yes. What I want to also know is Ian still acting manager at GG?
    I thought he was only temporary until Head Office ie the major shareholders sent a new one to replace Dane, who was moved on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MiriamSeptember 30, 2026 at 4:34 PM
    Too many loose ends, I certainly agree.
    This is why I questioned why Carol + Anna were so prominent for so long.


    AmbridgesMrsPSeptember 30, 2026 at 7:41 PM
    Perhaps ‘ they’ can’t make up their minds about the situation’ they ‘ have created regarding the dualling Aldridges, and don’t know how to bring the end about.
    We know that Charles wotsisname doesn’t want to retire, so they can’t kill him off.
    So
    Wots to be done !


    MiriamSeptember 30, 2026 at 8:26 PM
    I stand by my long standing thought, which is Brian has a slight stroke, just enough that he can't manage Home Farm any longer.
    Perhaps bridges can then be rebuilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lady RSeptember 30, 2026 at 8:10 PM
    Have just ascertained that the age gap between Pip and Stella is about 12 to 16yrs. PIp 33yrs but Stella does not have a confirmed age only given as mid to late 40’s the actor who plays her is 50yrs apparently.

    REPLY

    MiriamOctober 1, 2026 at 4:23 PM
    Just thinking. It's October 1st so George's year on license must be coming to an end soon. Does any-one know, if he can then reapply for his driving licence when the time comes and will he have to retake his test?
    Perhaps another pupil for Jazzer..🤣
    Bill will do this I'm sure if it's needed, using a car from the showroom.

    REPLY

    maryellenOctober 2, 2026 at 9:06 AM
    I’m suggesting Guy for Eddie’s book/Amber’s podcast. It will give future schoolmates the chance to exercise their wit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear little baby!
    I don't know why they don't settle for using the full name of Joseph if Amber thinks he doesn't look like a Joe. So my choice is Joseph.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wouldn’t name a baby after that old reprobate! If they settle for a family name, William has the advantage of belonging to both grandfathers so in theory both families should be be happy. Guy William Grundy sounds good to me!
    PS.. Where I grew up a Joe was a male ferret with Jill used for the female...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photo KP, congratulations to all.
    I'm going with Amber's choice of Bear, I thought Mr/Mrs Grylls had a sense of humour!
    I didn't much like Mungo or Peggy, Serin or Nova for recent children, did like Alexander, Jack and Henry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting that Harrison mentioned the name Dan.
    I wonder what he's doing now and is he still in the army, along with did he ever marry and make Shula a grandma? Nothing has ever been mentioned, but then why should it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was reminded of Dan Archer, I had forgotten Shula’s Dan!

      Delete
  9. Lily spoke to Elizabeth, Ian and Harrison and each time she sounded false and contrived.
    Then Lynda and Martyn telling Brian lies and Brian so wanting his grandson who isn't his but Jennifer's according to his statement that Adam is not his son.
    What a silly episode.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I rather like the flirtatious vibe between Lily and Harrison, and I can’t remember when we last heard anything similar between H and Fallon, if we ever did.
    Of course I realise it’s early days between these two and feelings might change or become dull and boring, but for the time being, I seem to be OK with hearing them together.
    It will be difficult for Fallon if she is at Vince’s party, but Lily and Harrison are also likely to be feeling constrained if she is there.

    BASIA - I’ve always felt that Lily sounds false and contrived, but I’ve learned to accept it as the ‘ chosen ‘ voice by the actor and I’ve become used to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes MrsP, that's just how it is with Lily.
      We haven't got long to wait till Sunday to see how it is at the party, what with Kenton, Jolene and Fallon. Let's see if Lily and Harrison show them what's what on the dance floor.

      Delete
  11. I think it is tactless, and hurtful to Fallon, for Harrison and Lily to go together to the party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what Lily thought, but not Elizabeth and Harrison - it will be awkward but they want to "come out" at some point. Kenton came to see Kathy when Jolene and Sid were celebrating their marriage at the Bull, can't think of an equivalent for Fallon and it's not the same. As long as they all know in advance and there are no surprises, though for drama's sake there might be.

      Delete
    2. The decision for Fallon + Harrison to end their marriage was a mutual one, so Fallon just has to accept that Harrison has already moved on.
      Lily is a family member so if she brings a +1 then I can't see any problem with it.
      It's Kenton I have a problem with and how he'll behave.

      Delete
  12. Miriam, I thought of you when Lynda said Brian looked pale and he was certainly very agitated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suggest a stroke, as to something Brian could overcome yet affect his future life in some way. I remember when Peggy had hers very many years ago, she recovered, could carry on living on her own independently (Jack was in The Laurels at this time) but she never fully recovered the full vision in one eye. I think she was in her mid 80's then, so not much older than Brian.
      I still think that Brian might not always take his meds as prescribed + he does like his steak + red-wine, amongst other things!

      Delete
    2. Why not a fatal stroke? The BBC isn’t obliged to continue employing an actor becomes that’s what the actor wants. Look at Nigel! I think they might have been sentimental about Jill though, keeping the actor on when it was clear she was no longer up to the job but didn’t want to retire. What other production company would do that?

      Delete
  13. Ooo, I am very behind with comments, so first, many congratulations to KP on her gorgeous addition to the family. He is beautiful
    Now Archers - I am already fed up with Lily and Harrison. Why does Lily always sound like a love lorn teenage school girl? And I am very surprised at Elizabeth's attitude, she is almost pushing Lily and Harrison together. I think she should stay out of it and have some consideration for Fallon.

    As for Baby Grundy, Thats enough thank you very much. Birth well acted, post partum difficulties also well written and acted, Susan being a very dedicated G.Gma, but please let's get back to some farming and some neglected other characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm, farming! George who has real aptitude has been moved to a car showroom.
      There's Vince's party tonight at a stately home.
      Then Pip's and Stella's wedding - at least they are still farmers.
      Oh, and "spare" BL land with a prospect of being used as a dog enclosure.
      I thought agricultural land was used for growing food.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog