Lif outside Ambridge


 

                                                 🎷  Summertime, and the living is easy…..

Comments

  1. Cheshire CheeseJuly 2, 2026 at 4:53 PM
    I've just seen that pubs are going to be allowed to stay open till 5.00am on Monday morning for the England match.There's a pub which shows sport not far from our house and we can hear the noise when important matches are on, especially in summer. I wouldn't want to be a killjoy for football fans but I'm not looking forward to Sunday night into Monday morning.

    REPLY

    MiriamJuly 3, 2026 at 5:10 PM
    My initial thought is How Silly, plus what about the staff of the pubs. who have to stay on/brought in extra to cover, and the effect on their lives + families.
    I wonder how many going to work on Monday morning, will still be well over the legal drink/drive limit..🫢🫢

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree on both counts! Said to help pubs but if people can’t go usually because of the supposed cash crisis how are they going to find it tonight let alone flying to America etc for the matches. I suspect there will be tears before bedtime when the credit bills arrive after all this is over! Watch for free on the tv 🤭

      Delete
  2. Opera season in full flow. Tosca at Glyndebourne a couple of weeks ago, second visit of the week to the Grange this evening, La Boheme on Wednesday, Eugene Onegin this evening, then a two more trips to Glyndebourne in a few weeks for a Rossini and a Mozart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds wonderful. Down here the little theatre groups have begun their open air performances, and I am hoping we will go to one or two. It depends a lot on the weather. Macbeth is on Sunday at a place called Ebingfield Manor which is nice because you can walk round their gardens in the interval.

      Delete
    2. Good to see Glyndebourne again. I had to miss Tosca as there was a death in the family which made leaving the farm impossible. I am hoping to get there in August for the Strauss opera but the long journey and time away from the farm is difficult at the moment. I have never been to the Grange which would be much nearer.

      Delete
  3. MrsP I did leave a message for you about carpel tunnel on July 2 8.22am

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carpal tunnel syndrome

      Soz, yes I did read your reply, thank you, and apologise for not answering then.

      I had a phone call from the surgery at six o’clock last evening.
      A message from my GP who has the results from my tests on Tuesday.
      ( how quick is that ? )
      I have severe CT S and would I like her to refer me for surgery.
      My reply was a swift and urgent YES PLEASE.
      I wonder now how long it might take. And indeed, how much relief I might get given your report Soz.
      Thinking I might have to live with these symptoms even after any surgery does not make me feel any happier or indeed optimistic.
      However- it is what it is !

      ARCHERPHILE

      Regarding the numbness in your leg around the site of your surgery.
      I remember being told by my surgeon pre surgery, that there would be numbness and that many people could not kneel after a knee replacement.
      I experienced both these sensations but eventually the numbness did disappear ( it’s nerve damage , as I’m sure you realise) and, after seven years I am able to kneel for several minutes without any problem.
      I’m afraid I can’t remember how long it’s been since you had your new knee.

      I still have some residual numbness in my foot after my ankle replacement surgery, but on the whole I don’t find it too problematical.

      Delete
    2. I used to be able to kneel briefly on my new knee but not nowadays. Much too painful and anyway I could not get up afterwards! Used to get into bed by kneeling on that knee, then rolling in. Too painful to even kneel on a mattress these days!

      Delete
  4. I believe you lot in the South are in another heatwave..
    Here there's still a strong coolish breeze for the 3rd day (blowing runner bean flowers off my plants), it's cloudy with no sun and I actually have had a lightweight cardigan on all day!
    At least it's fresh and airy, but still to water garden + plants

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not that hot today Miriam and a strong breeze as well.

      Delete
    2. Today has been cloudy with some drizzle but yesterday was lovely, about 21 degrees and a light breeze. We went to Dunham Massey to see the rose garden which was disappointing but the clematis in there were blooming well. Elsewhere the hydrangeas and herbaceous borders were lovely.
      We had a nice walk around the park in spite of part of our usual route being closed to make an temporary extra sanctuary area for the deer to give birth to the fawns.

      Delete
    3. My wonderful new + now flowering Hollyhocks, are not as they were, as are a bit wind battered! 😒

      Delete
  5. We have been commenting on how many butterflies are around this year, there are always several in the garden, especially Brimstones and Holly Blues. But the most exciting thing was having a Purple Emperor fly into our lounge yesterday. It kept flying to the window, then came in through the open door. The last one we saw here was 8 years ago, we have a photo of such a rare event. They are usually found in East Anglia are are rare in this area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely - life's small pleasures.

      Delete
    2. I've got butterfly envy Archerfile

      Delete
    3. I have absolutely no knowledge about butterfly identification.
      I'm just thrilled to see so many again and surprisingly Pusscat 🐈‍⬛ if in the garden, doesn't go after them. They're obviously not fast enough for her to be bothered about. 🤔

      Delete
    4. Only seen small white butterflies again today but I did rescue a Hummingbird hawk moth from the conservatory.

      Delete
  6. Bro in law, apparantly has the beer all lined up + will be watching the footie at 1.00am. He's been told in no uncertain terms, to go to bed in another bedroom, as Sis does not want him disturbing her when he finally staggers to bed!! 😁
    TBH He'll probably fall asleep on the sofa before it starts, so will miss it!
    This is the one waiting for open heart surgery (scheduled for December), so gets very tired/fatigued and is now getting dizzy spells..another worry but not yet a case for panic.
    Sis is monitoring him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No butterflies of distinction for me - very exciting and exotic for you ARCHERPHILE- but taking Lady for a sniffing walk around local roads and back alleys when passing a row of suburban houses she heard, and I reacted, to something leaving a hedge and a beautiful Red Kite emerged and swept over the rooftops.
    They are here of course, but one doesn’t expect them to be inhabiting suburban streets.
    Such a thrill to be so close.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What is it with heart valve problems in my family?
    I've told all about bro-in-law and his problem, now there's another.
    I've just learnt that my eldest niece's partner, has a congential + hereditary heart valve problem as well. Their kids, my eldest gt.neice + nephew, have both had echos done today and thankfully both are clear.
    He is still young, 47yrs, so he's just being monitored as no real treatment per se is needed at the moment, well apart from keeping his previously high BP under control. He is quite obese and loves a drink, both of which he has to sort out and get under control.
    I think he might be on weight loss jabs, so good on him for trying to do something about it, but will he give up his whiskey and dog walks to the pub? - not sure he can!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We've not heard from Mistral nor OWiaS for a while, hoping you're well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Basia. I'm still here, just don't have much to say. Gradually melting in the heat. I think I should replace my shoe with a flip-flop. Or perhaps an Ugg boot somewhere cold!

      Delete
  10. Hello, thank you Basia, yes, very well, enjoying the heat whilst hiding indoors from it, catching up with my mountain of unread books. Just finished two Kate Atkinson's, I find her very funny and unexpected, and read a Maggie O'Farrell in two days straight off. What I enjoy most about this weather is that it forces me to relax, puts me in a holiday mood and I feel no guilt about doing almost nothing:)
    I hope everyone else is doing something indulgent and relaxing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodness Mistral, how I admire your ability to switch off and just read.
      Wish I could do that.

      Delete
    2. Ah, Mrs.P. I just can't read a lot of the time, feels too indulgent and always more important (boring) things to do. I find concentration is becoming a problem. However, when it is so hot that I can't do gardening or trawl through horrible paperwork, I can pick up a book and just indulge myself, no worries or guilt at all. I love the heat and relaxation. I would hate it if I was busy with work or family life, I can only get away with it because I am single! Even Toad the dog just wants to curl up on the settee, we oftentimes just snooze....perfect ;)

      Delete
    3. I’m imagining your porch as being in the shade, and you sitting there in a comfy chair ….. reading.

      I’m doing bits of gardening in the shady parts of my garden, and even managed some hoovering today.
      The inside of my flat is cool all day.

      And on our walk this evening I picked the first large and very ripe blackberries.
      How early is that !

      Delete
  11. Mrs.P, I have gots padded recliner chair, very comfy, I just move it around from oneshadyspittosoter

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry, one shady spot to another. These days I keep out of direct sunlight. I went to a local forest yesterday, beautiful, then the farm where my daughter works, I was picking the last raspberries, redcurrants, blackcurrents, and yes, blackberries! for pudding.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I ate far more than got back for tea :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just listened to the whole of the new Rolling Stones album - loud but hey it's the Rolling Stones noise! A couple of slow ones but I prefer to prance around.

    PtbY - what's your news?

    ReplyDelete
  16. i've just seen the news that Ann Widdecombe was murdered, what a shock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dreadful news, I sat listening to PM feeling unwell.

      Delete
  17. I was shocked to hear of Anne Widdecombe death on the Jeremy Vine on 5 show this morning and it was obvious how upset he was. I just could not take it in and then to hear
    that it has become a murder case is just totally
    surreal. I did not always agree with her but loved her honesty and no nonsense approach to any question asked. I shall miss her greatly. Given the chance I could have seen her reaching her 90’s. RIP Anne 🙏 and
    much sympathy to your family members and close friends .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And from me too. A shock to hear she had died but an even greater one to hear, later, that it was a murder! How dreadful for such a thing to happen in such a beautiful place to an elderly, lone woman. No one seems safe these days.

      Delete
    2. Just released - a 26 yr old man arrested in South Yorkshire

      Delete
    3. and now have arrested a 28yr old male.

      Delete
    4. In Rotheram of all places. I reckon the police have pulled out all the stops to get this killer and every force in the country has taken part. Just shows what they can do if you are famous enough and the goverment is involved

      Delete
    5. My thoughts too AP, but also thought that there must have been an awful lot of input from the public, then I read that the police had over 200 calls giving information from the public.
      So yes, a lot of help.
      I think there is a great deal of outrage all round.

      Delete
  18. It’s my granddaughters graduation day today.
    Very proud of my science G daughter and she’s going on to do a masters.
    They have all been on a wonderful family holiday on Skye.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations to your granddaughter Mrs P. I am wondering what she is going to specialise in for her Masters.
    Skye is lovely. I've been there a couple of times. The husband of a cousin of my father's was a highlander from Skye, came down to Cornwall to work temporarily. He knocked on their door looking for lodgings and at 17 she took one look at him and rushed out to her mother in the garden saying please please let him lodge with us, and he never left!
    Scorching weather here. 30 yesterday, 27 today so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janice she is going to Bristol - handy ‘cos she can commute from home in Bath - it’s a long title, but essentially ‘Communication of Science to explain Ecology and Climate Change ‘ .
      Her dissertation was on the fishing industry in Hastings and she really enjoyed her canvassing of the public for opinions. She is very focused on working in the community and not in the laboratory.
      Her parents met through both working at Greenpeace, her father has held some very senior positions as an environmentalist and she has done the same degree as he did. If she has as interesting a career as her father she will be a very fortunate young woman.

      What a romantic story about your relatives.
      Did he stay in Cornwall or did she go to Skye ?

      I’ve not been to Skye, but did once get as far as Ardnamurchan, but a friend from here has recently moved back to live near Inverness and I have an open invitation to visit. If I did so she would be delighted to show me as much of the Highlands as I wanted to see including Skye.

      Delete
    2. A subject that in these times is probably more needed than ever before.
      He stayed in Cornwall and farmed. His children ,for one birthday when he was older arranged a family holiday so he could revisit all his old haunts.
      He lived well into his 90's and younger relatives came down in kilts and a piper to lead the funeral procession. One of his nieces came down to visit them and ended up marrying a Cornish boy and staying here as well.

      Delete
    3. Janice, how interesting, a whole cycle and such diverse areas.
      Still, your daughter-in-law came all the way from the Philippines.
      I've been to Cornwall but not to Skye and imagine would choose the former.

      Delete
  20. Congratulations to your granddaughter MrsP, I hope that she enjoys her course at Bristol.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Woke up in the early hours this morning to a very strong smell of smoke. I got up and checked around but nothing in the area. Our community board is very active with everyone saying the same and it's widespread in the area
    It's been confirmed it's smoke from the fire at Dovstone resevoir, Manchester, which is over 50miles away, blowing across. Someone posted a satellite image, where a vast plume can be seen.
    Goodness knows what it must be like in the vicinity of such a fire.
    The smell is still here but now reduced though smoke can be seen blowing across in the sky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds awful Miriam.
      All these wild fires across Europe are worrying indeed.
      Think we need some public education about fire risk.

      I’ve been close to buildings in flame twice in my life.
      It’s a very nasty and frightening experience, but makes one extremely conscious of the dangers of reckless behaviour around BBQs and suchlike.

      Delete
    2. I was out this morning and the smell of smoke was really quite strong, my eyes were irritated and the sky was hazy.
      Thankfully the wind changed direction slightly after lunch so at last I could open the windows + the air is fresh again.

      Delete
  22. Today, Bastille Day, 14th June in France, is the 20th Anniversary of my son and DIL . Cant believe it's 20 years already! They are going to watch the Bastille Day firework display at Carcassonne this evening, always a wonderful sight. You can watch from the aire on the Autoroute round the city and its always a magnificent display with light shows on the walls of the castle too.
    Wish I was going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds lovely AP.
      Wish I was there too.
      I seem to remember that I once spent Bastille Day in Paris.
      Another life !

      Had some wonderful photos from daughter today.
      The whole family at G daughters graduation, all looking very happy.
      I remember that numbers were very restricted at my daughter’s graduation, I think only one ticket.

      Thanks CC. I’m sure she will.
      And, of course, with the benefit of living at home, with a short commute by train from Bath to Bristol, and it’s a healthy walk to Bath station.

      Delete
    2. Congratulations to your Grand-daughter Mrs P. She's sounds a very determined young lady + will do well.
      You must be very proud.

      Delete
  23. Only my daughter.... An awful smell has been wafting around upstairs for about 3 days. When I decided it was coming from daughter's bedroom , with a window that hasn't been opening since the very wet weather a while back, she explained she had done some shopping and left it in a plastic bag under her bed and forgotten about it until in this hot weather she heard a sort of popping sounnd and realized a round of mozzarella cheese had exploded in the heat leaving a liquidy mess everywhere. She tried to wipe it up but some seems to have soaked into the floorboards. I have suggested she try the steam cleaner after work. I don't like Mozzarella at the best of times and the smell is horrible!
    28 here at the moment, and I am debating whether to be indoors with the smell or outside inder a shady ash tree. The latter I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds horrible particularly as I'm a massive cheese hater.

      Delete
    2. To add, I hope the mozzarella doesn't turn into a form of Borsetshire Blue..😆

      Delete
    3. I can't imagine how awful that must smell Janice!

      Delete
  24. Further to my posts about the smoke today, I've just read about how that Dovestone Reservoir fire started by a firework, and a 20yr old female has been arrested as to possible arson. A group of friends on Saturday, were there to celebrate the life on another, an 18yr old who'd drowned in the resevoir 24 hours previously and the fireworks were part of this.
    The group took a video of this, which showed the firework setting light to some grass which they posted on social media. Sadly they left it burning, so today nearly 4 days later, there are still:-
    70 firefighters, 11 fire engines and 4 Wild fire units keeping it contained.
    Things could have been so different with a bit of care + attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that they've learnt a lesson. I wonder how easy it is to get fireworks these days.

      Delete
    2. Having read your former post regarding the smoke you were experiencing Miriam, I then heard the report of the young woman being arrested.
      This sent me to my news thread to read more about the fire, having already posted my thoughts on the subject earlier.
      I hope that the magistrates send her to prison in order to send a very important message to others.

      Delete
    3. Or perhaps some very tough community tasks and for an extended period.

      Delete
  25. Here in France we get regular warnings how to protect ourselves during the heatwave.
    Now there are more on how to prevent wildfires, to be careful about throwing away cigarette ends, barbecues etc.
    I am constantly dismayed how many fires are started deliberately: even a fireman was arrested...
    Many firework displays have been cancelled today.

    ReplyDelete
  26. MrNuts & I were peacefully eating breakfast when our daughter suggested we looked out the front. A flock of sheep being moved from a field down the road had decided to wander into our front garden & were being herded out by a young woman, a young man & a dog, flattening a few flowerbeds in the process. Needless to say there was a bit of a traffic jam as well. The joys of country life!

    ReplyDelete
  27. So St.Swithins's day yesterday, passed in a totally dry + hot day.
    I'm actually disappointed as a torrential downpour would be so welcomed. I'm just so fed up with the constant watering every night and even with this, my once gorgeous garden is still wilting + dying!
    I've actually given up on some parts, as others need to be kept going in the best way possible.
    I'm not happy.
    Still the bees are very prevalent today but aren't going anywhere near my runner bean flowers so not expecting much of a crop.
    They love the hollyhocks though, and fly away, almost "drunk" on nectar!!
    I've actually chopped back a lot of plants today, in the hope that with water + feed, they'll get going again...🫰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To add, I spent a lot both last year + this year, to get the garden how I wanted, which 6 weeks ago it was.
      Now it's so very different. I'm nurturing the new hibiscus I bought last year which has grown but not thriving yet.
      There's lots of buds on it and this is one plant which I have to give total TLC to on a daily basis, as still not fully established even after nearly a year.

      Delete
    2. The watering is getting tedious Miriam. At least my pelargoniums are loving ths weather and flowering prolifically, but the lettuce is tending to bolt in spite of the watering.

      Delete
  28. I hoping ARCHERPHILE and LADY R. are both OK..😃

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thinking back to the long hot summer of 1976 - were there such wildfires then, I can't remember.
    All I do recall is the lack of water + stand-pipes needed for some, have a "war-time" bath of no more than 6" and share it if possible, plus put a brick in the toilet cistern to reduce it's volume of water and only flush when absolutely needed!
    With these wild fires, I'm surprised the forces haven't been called in to help, particularly with air "watering" as there's not enough helicopters to go around to do this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. My memory of that summer was the Welsh Nationalists - no offence to anyone Welsh here.
      I was working as a holiday student in Boots, Chester and a bomb was reported on top of the Grosvenor precinct roof, close to where I was.
      We were evacuated to the cathedral gardens where we had to stay in the hot sunshine with no shade, water, food etc until the staff of the nearby Woolworths came out with cold drinks + snacks. The army defused the bomb and we were allowed back after about 4 hours, to get our belongings + go home as premises all had to stay closed.
      As you can tell, a memory firmly fixed even now.

      Delete
  30. I've got a wildflower bed near my veg garden which has a couple of borage plants for the bees. This evening I noticed loads of black eggs on them and a few caterpillars which I think are painted lady butterfly ones. I'm hoping that they don't migrate to my veg beds. 🤞

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are interested in butterfly, the big butterfly count is on now for a couple of weeks. Just sit outside for 15 minutes and count every butterfly you see - no need to record what they are unless you want to. Then send the results to the butterfly count website which. Can be found online. It will helpc

      Delete
  31. Thank you Miriam, I am OK but fed up with the heat and being sweaty and not being able to have a bath or shower and feeling to hot to cook anything nice for supper and seeing the garden perish for lack of water and, and, and!
    But the great thing is, son from France is here at the moment and is clucking round me like a mother hen, laughing at me going up and down on the stairlift, shopping, making meals, hoovering and goodness knows what else. D.I.L and youngest grandson Elliot arrive on Monday night & they are all here until Wednesday when they set off by car to Scotland for a tour of the highlands, picking up elder grandson James from Birmingham on the way, and eventually flying home from Inverness in a couple of weeks time.
    I can bear anything when they are here!
    Hoping everyone else is OK too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How wonderful for you Archerphile and they'll be pleased to escape the summer heat in Scotland.

      Delete
  32. I’ve just watched a lovely little documentary on BBC 4 - A journey by Morris Traveller along the A 303 - stopping off for a number of historical interludes along the route.
    I’m sure the Hampshire contingent in particular will find it interesting.

    Last night I had a most wonderful happening.
    On my weekend film suggestions on the BBC App which I usually browse through, I was thrilled to see that VERTIGO was showing, 15 minutes before it was due to start. I quickly got the animals settled into their nightly routine and got myself to bed to settle in to watch.
    I saw this film when I was sixteen, along with Pal Joey and Bell Book And Candle during my teenage years. I fell in love with Kim Novak and San Francisco.
    The memory of that film has stayed with me throughout my life, but for some arcane Hollywood ruling it was never available to see again for something like forty years.
    Eventually it was remastered - and there it was last night on television and my IPad.

    My goodness me, what a treat it was to watch it all again, and I had forgotten none of it.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Last night whilst out watering, I suddenly realised my feet were getting wet. The watering can was leaking, still it's served me well over many years.
    First job this morning was to get another one which meant a drive as no shop near to me sells them.
    I knew where to go and bought a lovely one with a curved spout and large rose.
    What I hadn't realised is that it's larger than the old one, so filling it up and then lifting it to go out + water, my arm was nearly wrenched out of its socket.
    Still it was a good buy.
    I don't have a hose, as nowhere to store it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you going to make a feature of the old one and grow flowers in it?
      Don't throw it out, just yet.

      Delete
    2. A seam had cracked which now has a huge piece of duct tape stuck over it, so is still usable. How long it'll last, no idea, but there's life in it yet.

      Delete
  34. Thank you for reminding me about the butterfly count Archerfile, I hadn't realised that it had started.

    ReplyDelete
  35. To all Wordle fans :- If you are able to complete tonight’s Wordle please reveal.

    I doubt any of us on this side of the pond have ever heard of this word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An unfamiliar word, puzzle completed by having eliminated all “obvious “ words in 4 just inserting different second letters until a word was recognised

      Delete
    2. Oh well done KP.
      I didn’t have the first letter and there were too many options for that space, so didn’t get it at all.
      And I’ve never heard the word, nor have I ever heard of its meaning, but then I know very little about gambling either.

      Delete
    3. As I understand shill is a patsy or stooge, someone planted in the audience who works in league with a performer, think the person “winning” a 3 cup game to encourage other spectators to get involved (and fleeced!)

      Delete
  36. I received an email last night from Nationwide about a new direct debit set up for £949.95 with first payment going out on 24th July.
    I'm not a Nationwide customer so thought it was a scam.
    I left it overnight and this morning I tried to find out more. As with all this type of email there was the usual sentence, if this isn't you or you weren't expecting this, then ring a telephone number. This I did using my landline which shows withheld number, so I couldn't be traced back. I thought I'd be talking to a scammer and was prepared but there was no answer.
    I then rang Nationwide customer services and what a palaver trying to speak to some-one when I didn't have an account number etc. I was then cut off because of the withheld number. I suppose this was to do with making sure I was a human and not a bot I started again using my mobile and eventually got through to someone who when asked the content of the email, confirmed it was a scam and just delete it.
    TBH it didn't worry me at all, just made me angry!
    What was difficult was getting to speak to someone at Nationwide, as had to go round the houses a few times with the automated questions..but I finally managed it.
    The email address it originated from was an AI company and the details of the company which the direct debit was intended for, was a genuine registered electrical installation firm from the Midlands.
    The giveaway was that there was no name or partial account details showing who the email was intended for.
    It was clever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To add, I've just forwarded this to the National Cyber Security Centre which looks at and deals with fraudulent emails.

      Delete
    2. I've had a to-do with Sainsburys and my bank this morning. Did my online shop in the usual way, got the the end and clicked to pay with my credit card I always use for Sainsburys (it collects nectar points for me and Used to be Sainsburys bank but now taken over by Nat West). Notice came up saying problem with payment, couldn't take money, contact bank.
      This happened several times so contacted Nat West who knew nothing about it - said my card was perfectly OK, no problems, it must be a Sainsbury problem.. What to do?
      Left everything for an hour - tried again - worked perfectly.
      But had I needed to go out or couldn't keep trying - no online order, plus the worry if thinking there was a problem with my bank account.

      Delete
  37. (First of all thank u Miriam for asking about me)
    Join the club 😡😡😡 I am nearly off my head with BT and Vodafone blasted people. If I have difficulty connecting for too long I go through to I want to buy something for instance and then say “oh dear I don’t know how I got through to you I actually want blah blah” and quite often they will offer to put you through to a human. Like most of you I have been round the bend with the hot weather anything over 23c is awful in my eyes. It has been too hot for George or any of the residents to sit out even under cover which is a shame as indoors all winter. The fete in June was the start of it - it was hot but after that roasting. To cap it all the lift has broken down and the part has to come from Sweden. 7 rooms in George’s area the poor staff have to use the staircases for everything. Plus I have been climbing countless stairs (in the correct manner) and considering I have none at home a real workout! I have a Nero Sports trike from Careco in Turquoise if anyone wants to have a look it is very trendy and lightweight so it helps a lot. I am still doing exercises and waiting to hear from Basingstoke having been referred by MSK 7 weeks ago. Still visiting my dear George daily and we enjoy our time together so much. I have been absent from here for sometime now and have wittered on and on so will call it a day now. Still pop in to follow u all though.

    ReplyDelete
  38. My trike is without the seat.

    ReplyDelete
  39. As you know I have glaucoma which I was just under the nurse run clinic as it was stable. In August last year my pressures had gone up considerably so I was recalled for a Dr led clinic appointment which was last October. Again my pressures were on the high side but still in the normal range but by much, so it was review in 6 months.
    Nine months later, still no appointment so rang to be told all appts are 5 months behind. The person I spoke to said she'd check with a Dr. It's like everyon, a waiting game.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog