BasiaAugust 1, 2026 at 2:19 PM Susan said that Christopher should apologise to Bert, why? He criticised his parenting, was rude about Alice and gave Martha beer! Bert is ungrateful to both his daughters, but will hear nothing said against Clive who took his money and neglected him for days. As I said he probably feels responsible for the way he turned out as it was his wife who was left to bring up the children. Bert's difficult childhood/background does not justify his behaviour now. As for Carol she idolises her deceased son Richard because there was some problem there for which she feels responsible. To start with she was very dismissive towards Anna and ungrateful for all her efforts. At least they made their peace.
REPLY
MiriamAugust 1, 2026 at 3:54 PM I still don't understand why us listeners are having to endure both Bert's + Carol's backgrounds and their children. There are children in Ambridge I'd much rather hear about, namely Henry, Jack, the continuing story of Keira, and what about Poppy? I can't remember the last time she got a mention. I'm also missing Esme + Meadow Farm. I realise that the actors are only in TA for short periods at a time, but some are just absent far too long, at the expense of Bert + Carol. Rant Over! 🫣
ArcherphileAugust 1, 2026 at 8:22 PM You rant for me too, Miriam!
Lizzie DeeAugust 3, 2026 at 4:58 PM And me !!!
maryellenAugust 2, 2026 at 2:22 PM I think TA should regularly broadcast an episode like the Shipping Forecast with a list of all the characters and a few words on the status of each. That way every listener could keep up to date with the characters s/he favours.
A line I’ll remember for a long time is this evening’s aside from Bert: “Don’t get old, Neil. It’s no fun.”: Unexpected,, ordinary, perfectly pitched and deeply poignant.
If I may say so Maryellen without wishing to offend, if you were to mix or meet with a group of old people you would hear that phrase many times. That and similar, over and over again.
The dialogue I loved recently, was between Ed + Jazzer whilst talking about Fallon + Harrison splitting up, which went along the lines of:-. Who'd of thought that it would be us two ending up married and having a family? It was poignant as they both have a history with Fallon, be these slightly different.
All I want is for Chelsea's bag to turn up safe and nearby. The SW's can't be so cruel as to spoil her horsebox salon debut at the fete. She so deserves better. Yes - I rate Chelsea and her aspirations and drive to achieve her ambition and goal.
Thinking ahead, I wonder if the eclipse will be mentioned in next week's TA, as it will be reaching it's peak right in the middle of Wednesday's episode.
What a load of nonsense - have counselling before you need it, you never know what you might find out about yourself, especially if you happen on someone as super intuitive as Keira.
Brad is straightforward and truthful, he does not find it easy to lie or prevaricate. He had just spent a worrying time supporting Amber and the baby at the hospital. He still clearly has feelings for Amber, knows he cannot act on them, and has worked very hard to keep them in check. Then Keira came along, threw him off guard by telling him she knows he fancies Amber (even though he has taken pains to keep anyone from realising) and keep pushing him with questions. I'm not surprised he cracked.
Keira had the chance to tell George, and chose not to. I hope that she will talk to Amber who will explain the confusion she felt at New Year but that she had made her choice to stick with George, that she loves him, and that Brad will never now be anything other than a good friend. Perhaps it will even help Amber having someone to confide in - she has kept her feelings of guilt about the kiss bottled up inside herself for several months now.
I follow your thinking but myself think Brad’s ‘cracking’ resulted in a stupid also that he was never a meaningful choice for Amber which is why the kiss doesn’t have the importance to her it has to him. He needs to broaden his social horizons via uni as Ambridge is short of suitable young women and his fantasies have no other focus there.
Ha, "bottled up" when George was bottled! And Amber feels guilty and furious with herself, taking it out on Brad. Keira who was absent then and a George hater has now become a dutiful sister. Precisely, why doesn't she question Amber and where did she pick up on all of this. They brought her in to stir trouble, will she get George to play his recording if she's so observant.
PS George must have kept his A&E ticket from the previous day - amazing turnaround there!
In my opinion, Keira is showing a big streak of jealousy. She no longer gets the attention she once had, nor has had since George came out of prison. This to me was why she ran away at New Year. She is also jealous of the soon to be new baby Grundy. The making of the cider cake and taking it to George + Amber, was seeking akowlogement + praise of her handiwork from them. After Brad and assuming things that didn't happen, she now has a reason not to like Amber. This is just my interpretation as to how I've heard things. 🤔
Might it be possible that the BnB guests - teenage sons ? - let Monty out / took him for a walk - while Lindy and husband were at The Bull ? Might be the reason that they did not return after the funeral.
This was so unpleasant, Fallon and Harrison cohabiting but not being able to organise their shopping. Then Monty being taken away. And Elizabeth talking over Freddie's head, as if he was some incompetent subordinate. The business is hers, but he is her son, so deserves to be at least informed.
And I agree he should be kept informed because presumably when the house comes to him he would be able to make decisions as to whether or not the business is run from the premises ( although admittedly he will need the money from the business for the upkeep of the house). I suppose eventually it might be Lily who runs the business side of things.
That DNA was matched fully to Monty, I think the B&B guests may well be able to shed some light,, could their mobile phones confirm their location? Janice, I agree that Elizabeth could have been kinder with her manner towards Freddie. It occurred to me that she is building up a self contained business that she can pass on to Lily but as the business and Lower Loxley house are enmeshed in a symbiotic relationship there could be problems. Siblings working together is a different dynamic compared to a married couple, especially if/when a sibling marries.
Some listeners have suggested Khalil, who has always struck me as too big for his boots. I was impressed by Robert’s handling of the situation - calm, practical and sensitive. It was he who suggested sending Monty’s favourite things with him, and got them together while Lynda was bewailing. Well done, that man!
So this evening we had confirmation that the idea - proposed by both BASIA and myself - of Monty’s attack might have something to do with the BnB guests, and or their sons. However, this story line is not stacking up for me.
Has Monty ever made a run for it before ? Was Monty ever left in an outside kennel regularly ? Did the Snells often leave the dog in his kennel - in the garden - when going to the pub ? Why, when savaging sheep was so unlikely of this particular dog, did he make an escape, do the deed, then come home. My understanding is that once a dog has tasted blood, it wants more.
And this kennel in the garden bothers me too. When I was a child many people who had dogs did house them in kennels in the back garden, including my relatives. But dogs now are far more pampered and cherished and in my experience are definitely part of life inside the home. I don’t know a single dog who lives outside, although I wouldn’t be surprised if farm dogs do so. Perhaps others can enlighten me. Soz ?
The dogs I knew divided their time between kennel and indoors and I expect Monty did the same. Is his reluctance to leave the car on fete day still significant and how can Lynda feel sentimental about him knowing what he is capable of?
I was puzzled too about why Monty didn't want to leave the car After a think (🤭) I had an idea! This is to do with the boys at the B+B in that they tormented and teased Monty to such an extent he ran off. On seeing Monty return they washed him to try + hide any unusual happenings. At the fete the noise spooked him, as it reminded him of the boys.
Whatever the details these are some sad storylines: Fallon and Harrison; Robert, Lynda and Monty. The damage is done and Lynda has finally come to her senses, she hadn't seen any blood or the devastation of the sheep. I suppose it is up to Brookfield if the community resolution works, that is if there is any. Perhaps Monty will not want to come back?
Lucy Davis - Hayley of yesteryear and daughter of Jasper Carrot has announced she has stage 4 breast cancer a tough time for her and all her family sending thoughts to each and everyone of them ❤️ Carol still being annoying! However blasts from the past this week Freddie and Lily. I’d forgotten Freddie works at Vince’s business it’s been so long and also did nor recognise Lily immediately for the same reason 😮
Perhaps an unpopular opinion among listeners but I feel Monty should be put down. He is coming to the end of his natural life and I wonder if he may have a terminal condition which in a way let’s everyone off the hook. If he is returned to the Snalls, it won’t be the carefree existence they enjoyed with him before. The sheep slaughter will cast a long shadow and the mandatory restrictions on him will be a pain to them and him. (How long before they need to downsize/look at assisted livings, though things are different in fictional Ambridge, of course?)
Sadly I agree about Monty being put down. There has to be due to the severity of the attack which was 25 sheep/lambs killed or badly injured. This has to be shown as the reality of dog attacks + I feel that if the SW's do spare Monty, they are not not being realistic. I don't like taking this view, but to me it is inevitable and justified.
I said that I feared he might be destroyed. There is a decision tonight at Brookfield as to the community resolution. They may very well oppose his return and as I also said, he may not want to after his stay away or may become unmanageable which would be a way out. At some point Jill's death will have to be acknowledged, she was mentioned yesterday by Anna who really was out of place and I found it uncomfortable.
How sad to hear how quickly the relationship between Harrison + Fallon has changed and deteriorated. A spreadsheet for doing the household chores..😱 Perhaps it's Fallon who should move into Rex's barge leaving Harrison with the full mortgage repayments on Woodbine.. He'll need a lodger - the soon to be homeless Hannah? 🤣
I have imagined that Elizabeth might find some useful accommodation for Fallon at Lower Loxley. I’m sure there must be a set of rooms or some useful external building that could be utilised.
Yes, cottage,flat, whatever it was that Lewis occupied when he was running the art gallery He had a family connection which entitled him ttoo. It seems to have been standing empty since he went to live with his sister. It sounds as if Elizabeth could do with the rent.
I know Lewis lived in the private family accommodation with Julia, but no idea where he lived after she died. So thanks for letting me know it was a cottage or a flat elsewhere on the estate.
Well that's that then - Brookfield's decision comes as no surprise. Robert and Lynda should see the photographs as well, then they wouldn't consider going to court to see the carnage then.
I’m not surprised by David and Ruth’s decision. I am trying to remember whether they heard shouting before they reached the sheep’s field, if there were voices that would suggest that Monty hadn’t taken himself for a walk but had been taken out by someone other than the Snells who have an alibi.
I'm beginning to agree with Miriam that perhaps the B&B boys tormented Monty and made him run off. Presumably the latch on the gate had been broken for some time, and, as far as we know, Monty had never previously taken advantage of this. Also, why were they so concerned to hose Monty down and stop him getting into trouble? If I came across an animal covered in blood my concern would be for safety - the animal's, in case it was injured, mine and other people/animal's if there was a chance the blood wasn't its own. The boys' actions suggest perhaps *they* didn't want to get into trouble.
Well, I don't normally speculate, but looking ahead and back I have a culprit, we'll see. These things normally come out, but Monty is guilty all the same.
Yes, nothing alters the central fact that Monty savaged Brookfield’s sheep and then Snells’ negligence, in not securing their property boundaries or restricting guests’ access to him, was contributory. I read a post elsewhere from a farmer’s wife who years ago joined her husband Ito investigate why their sheep were making an unusual noise one night. Two dogs were attacking the flock and one turned on her husband. He had his shotgun with him and fired in self defence.
Personal message for Miriam - I was horrified by the personal attack on you on a different web page we both subscribe to. Just want to let you know that I strongly refuted that unpleasant remark about your posts and sent a message to the writer that she should apologise and said you have just as much right to air your views as anyone else on the site. Also, that if you decide to leave, I shall leave with you.
AP I saw it and it was very much appreciated. I'm just ignoring what was said as I'm not stooping to that person's level. I'm not the only one who's had such a personal attack. I won't be leaving, as why should I? Thanks again.
I’ve listened again to the episode - 6th June - when the sheep were found by David and Pip. There was sound of a dog barking in the distance but I did not detect any human sound apart from David and Pip. No voices.
Incidentally, Pip was really calm and focussed. David was in pieces !
The new law can exempt dog owners from liability if the dog was in the charge of another person at the time of the offence without the owner’s consent, eg. If stolen or taken without permission. Is TA taking us down that route? Not that it exonerates Monty.
To answer your rhetorical question ME - yes, if that is the case ( of which I was not aware ! ), yes I think so. My instinct is leading me daily down the path of Monty being taken to be near sheep, where it’s probable that Linda never goes. We were told that the BnB guests did not return after the funeral, with the implication that they had been expected to come back. This suggests to me that they must have packed up and left quickly, and perhaps earlier than expected by Robert and Linda. There must be a point to this SL and it’s clearly not over yet.
What puzzles me is that one dog is supposed to have killed 15 sheep. To me that sounds a more realistic number for several dogs, or at least two, acting together.
Two dogs does sound plausible esp. with the time scale, but the fact remains, Monty was there and involved as proven by the DNA matches. Are the rural police using Monty as a scapegoat. I re-listened to the June 16th episode and onr thing that PC Nicola Trueman said to David was something like:- Publicity around such an event/conviction is good for prevention. 🤔
The time scale I'm referring to being:- The B+B guests were going to a funeral at 3.00pm in Felpersham so would probably need to have left by 2.00pm at tge latest. Lynda + Rob left for The Bull for lunch at 12.00pm. In two hours Monty went to Home Farm, savaged 12 ewes + 3 lambs, to return back to then be hosed off + cleaned, along with B+B guests packing up when they were meant to be returning later? It probably is possible.
Re my post above. I listened to the omnibus today, and although I missed the actual wording, I think that Harrison said that the adults of the BnB family had been spoken to about the incident.
Others - Miriam ? - who listen on Sunday may well have heard more clearly than me.
TBH I did listen as usual but I was getting ready to go out leaving at about 9.30am so wasn't concentrating as much. I think they had been contacted by the police, but can't say for definite
Mmmmmm… Just listened to tonight’s episode. Is there a subplot here ?
If Khalil is so consumed and clearly disturbed by the images of the slaughtered sheep that he saw on Ruth’s phone ……. Might this be a way into looking at the outcomes for young people - boys and young men - who see images, and watch on screens, pornography ?
Khalil is disturbed and his parents are concerned, but as promised Keira put them off the scent. All the same I hope she stays watchful and insists he seeks help if the situation doesn't improve. No, I didn't make the connection MrsP, though I had thought he might be somehow implicated in the whole affair, but it doesn't seem to be the case.
On a lighter note I'm glad that Akram finally took our advice and tends to his garden as well as allotment. He's quite particular about the way he wants things done and can do as he wishes, being his own boss professionally and in his spare time. I don't know why he wanted to work at Bridge Farm and supposedly he's left by now.
I have come to the conclusion that Ambridge must be the only place in the country not currently experiencing drought. The way Akram was tending his lawn yesterday, his grass is clearly lush and verdant, not brown, frazzled, and dead like the lawns in the rest of the country. Perhaps they could be persuaded to share their precipitation with the rest of us. (We had *some* rain last night - enough to make a few small puddles in the gutters. But the spiders in the water butt were completely undisturbed.)
Yes, and Fallon looking at the aubergines. What will they have at the Flower & Produce? It is supposed to be the story about farming. Elsewhere it's total devastation and the animals are eating their winter feed. I dread to think what shortages we're going to face, never mind the price.
MrsP - these two are form my staple diet, that's why I'm most concerned.
As to yesterday's multi-talented and multi-tasking Lily: she opened a barn door remotely and as to whom she showed Harrison on CCTV I have no idea, it says a shady character around GG - will it turn out significant?
Well it should do Basia as the image was so clear apparently 🙃 Surely a small re write will come this week I know they only do them now if it is a momentous event like the Queen dying but current weather conditions are momentous especially as the programme is about farming in the region of drought. If it were based in Scotland then lush green grass still fair enough. It’s beginning to annoy me now 😡
Jolene to me is not liking Fallon moving on. She sounded very supportive when Fallon showed her the LL Cruk Barn along with explaining the plans for it, hut is she?. Jolene seems to have forgotten when Fallon was the manager of Jaxx and living with Rhys in the shop flat. She then married Harrison, moved into Woodbine + had her own business in the Bridge Farm Tea shop. Fallon has only been working back at The Bull relatively short-term, so why does Jolene think that Fallon is deserting her in such a detrimental way...
Perhaps, but Khalil went charging in there in a rage that they accused Monty, what was Ruth to do in the heat of the moment than to show him the evidence, I don't blame her and Khalil should have told his parents what had happened.
Yes, I accept that Khalil went in like a bull in a china shop, and that Ruth's reaction was a heat of the moment response. But even David recognised it was not appropriate to show the child those pictures. But as Khalil's mother, Azra needed to know he had been shown them. Khalil is in shock, frightened, and not wanting to worry his parents, you can't rely on him to tell them what he has seen. It wouldn't be an easy conversation, and I imagine Azra will be furious to learn that Ruth showed him those images. But better Ruth speaks now, mother to mother, than having to fess up when Azra finally gets the truth from Khalil and storms round to find out exactly what Ruth thought she was playing at.
I'm disappointed George accepted the £20 from Eddie which he obtained by dishonesty. Esmie gave him a chance but for Eddie anything goes. I thought he stepped in to help them both and not doing a favour.
Yes I didn't think it was nice of Eddie taking advantage of Esme. At least George seems aware she has to work all hours, both online and on the farm, to be able to pay the farm rent and his wages.
Old habits I suppose. I’m disappointed too, but we don’t know that George might rethink taking that ££ - or Amber might have something to say about it if he fesses up.
A farming couple ban a beloved dog from the village and then inflict distressing images on an innocent child from Solihull. Flowers for the victims, condemnation for the perpetrators.
Khalil needed to know what dogs, even the sainted Monty, can do to animals in the countryside when left to roam free. He was raging at Ruth and David and did not believe the damage Monty could possibly have done. The only way to convince him was to see the consequences and what had happened to those sheep. The countryside is not always a pretty place. He is 15, not 5, and this was a sharp but necessary lesson - for anyone moving to the countryside.
Now, after the Malik's visit, it is Ruth who is left feeling guilty which is wrong.
That's what I said above, the SWs decided to turn it around, unnecessarily I think, but that's what often happens in life, the victims are hunted for "disturbing the order" and the protagonists given protection.
Also I'm sure Khalil does know about dogs in the countryside. He's lived in Ambridge long enough, is close friends with Keira + Henry and Lynda would have made him aware of what dogs off the leash can do when there's livestock around. Khalil was shocked the culprit was Monty but he had to know the truth even if it was seeing the result of Monty's actions. Perhaps Ruth have done it differently but it had to be done.
Which is what I was suggesting Maryellen in my post of the August 16 - 8.19 pm. In which I was thinking about the mental health of young men around violence and anxiety.
History in Ambridge is repeating itself I'm in 2013, David chases two off the leash dogs off away from his sheep. One ewe ends up in the Am, one tangled up in barbed wire. At the same time Ed has neosporidium in his Grange Farm Guernseys two aborting, which can be dog sourced. As such notices put around about keeping dogs on leash. Lynda talking to Ed -Off course I'd never let Scruff off the leash near livestock, anyway he's well trained + a softie. or similar Ed replies that might not always be the case . Sounds familiar - doesn't it..
Strangely I actually listened to that event today. I knew it happened but it was interesting to hear again how + why, along with the continuing Will + Ed animosity.
It's hardly surprising that stories are repeated in The Archers. A serial running for so long and concentrating on a particular section of society (countryside, village, farming) is bound to have returning events over the years. Poor harvests, good harvests, weather problems, workforce problems, animal diseases (foot and mouth, BSE, swine fever) and even sheep worrying. These things happen in most countryside and farming communities. Just as other types of events are repeated in town-set dramas
This is what I'm finding so interesting, the same basic S/L's upgraded as to modern times, with differing technology + outcomes. It's fascinating me. In my current listening, Joe broke his wrist and is having trouble with his grasp after the cast came off. He got upset he couldn't fasten Bartleby's halter. This might well be repeated with George, as to not be able to help with Babe when it arrives.
I thought the Maliks vs Brookfield was excessive, but yesterday was embarrassing to start with and then well over the top, how much are they trying to milk out of this s/l?!
Ed shot William's trainee dog Baz, whilst out with Eddie rabbit hunting. He thought it was a hare + fired, to find it was Baz ho was killed outright. George had been with Dad Will whilst training him
Baz had run off from Will. This was November and I think Holly was bought for George a few weeks later for Christmas. Will said Ed did it on purpose, but Eddie knew it was an accident. Holly is still alive but I hadn't realised she's now about 13yrs.
I'm surprised at Harrison. I expect though this is all part of his next break away S/L. To explain, now that he + Fallon have split up, he'll come to realise that he's too involved in Ambridge, both with his job + relationships and move away, be it temporary or permanent.
I read an interview by the actor soon after he was killed off in Corrie. He said he was so looking forward to be back in TA and he was then going onto being in a play somewhere. I assume it's still the same 🤷♀️
It’s hardly a mystery regarding Lily and older men, she lost her father at a difficult age. It’s pretty common.
I’m pretty sure I didn’t join in, but wasn’t there some discussion on here about the likely candidates for romance for Harrison when he and Fallon decided to split ? Was Lily on the list as a consideration ?
A young woman seeking a relationship with an older man is often referred to as an unresolved Electra complex, or in lay terms a father complex. It’s also often associated with attachment theory, and she might be unconsciously seeking to be grounded by such a relationship.
It is indeed an outdated theory CC - however my personal experience of many women in relationships with an older man - who have also lost their father ( emotionally or by death ) lead me to have belief in the theory, outdated or not.
I thought your remark was fine Miriam, just another point of view. And in the past when a woman's role was to stay at home to raise the children choosing a more established older man was perhaps an instinctive way to provide for her future children. It may be oldfashioned and controversial to some, but I think that ideally one parent should be at home to care for the children. I realise the lack of this may be down to the economy and rising expctations though.
I thought we were going to be in for another shower scene, like Sid and Jolene all those years ago! Thank goodness they stopped short of that. I must be getting old as I'm not keen on sexy scenes- too embarrassing!
Personally, I am already sick and tired of hearing about Dolly Parton today. Every news summary, blanket coverage on breakfast TV, virtual deification in the USA. I know she did some good things, contributed money to many good causes, but so have many people and they do not get such coverage on their deaths. Sorry if this offends, but there are many more important things going on in the world apart from the death of a country and western singer.
They should play Jolene in the background, but have you noticed that the music has disappeared, is it due to the cuts? Also, Joe once said that Jolene is not her real name, can't remember what it was, but a stage one. They all have American names: Fallon, Jolene and Wayne.
BasiaAugust 1, 2026 at 2:19 PM
ReplyDeleteSusan said that Christopher should apologise to Bert, why? He criticised his parenting, was rude about Alice and gave Martha beer!
Bert is ungrateful to both his daughters, but will hear nothing said against Clive who took his money and neglected him for days. As I said he probably feels responsible for the way he turned out as it was his wife who was left to bring up the children.
Bert's difficult childhood/background does not justify his behaviour now.
As for Carol she idolises her deceased son Richard because there was some problem there for which she feels responsible. To start with she was very dismissive towards Anna and ungrateful for all her efforts. At least they made their peace.
REPLY
MiriamAugust 1, 2026 at 3:54 PM
I still don't understand why us listeners are having to endure both Bert's + Carol's backgrounds and their children.
There are children in Ambridge I'd much rather hear about, namely Henry, Jack, the continuing story of Keira, and what about Poppy? I can't remember the last time she got a mention.
I'm also missing Esme + Meadow Farm.
I realise that the actors are only in TA for short periods at a time, but some are just absent far too long, at the expense of Bert + Carol.
Rant Over! 🫣
ArcherphileAugust 1, 2026 at 8:22 PM
ReplyDeleteYou rant for me too, Miriam!
Lizzie DeeAugust 3, 2026 at 4:58 PM
And me !!!
maryellenAugust 2, 2026 at 2:22 PM
I think TA should regularly broadcast an episode like the Shipping Forecast with a list of all the characters and a few words on the status of each. That way every listener could keep up to date with the characters s/he favours.
MiriamAugust 2, 2026 at 8:12 PM
ReplyDeleteWhat for all 60+ characters?
maryellenAugust 3, 2026 at 3:29 AM
Yes, all the characters in play (this is only a half-serious suggestion!) 😀
A line I’ll remember for a long time is this evening’s aside from Bert: “Don’t get old, Neil. It’s no fun.”: Unexpected,, ordinary, perfectly pitched and deeply poignant.
ReplyDeleteAnd I must say, I agree with him !
DeleteMe too!
DeleteIf I may say so Maryellen without wishing to offend, if you were to mix or meet with a group of old people you would hear that phrase many times. That and similar, over and over again.
ReplyDeleteI hadn’t heard it on TA before and so well said. It made it specially moving for me.
DeleteOften countered with “still better than the alternative” 🙃
DeleteWell I thought that was a lovely episode.
ReplyDeleteI came on to write those exact words Janice ⭐️
DeleteThe dialogue I loved recently, was between Ed + Jazzer whilst talking about Fallon + Harrison splitting up, which went along the lines of:-.
ReplyDeleteWho'd of thought that it would be us two ending up married and having a family?
It was poignant as they both have a history with Fallon, be these slightly different.
It would have been much easier to say no to Martyn Gibson, but then no intrigue to follow...
ReplyDeleteYet another Eddie Grundy scam, at least the addition of the equally corrupt Brian makes a difference to this one!
ReplyDeleteAll I want is for Chelsea's bag to turn up safe and nearby.
ReplyDeleteThe SW's can't be so cruel as to spoil her horsebox salon debut at the fete. She so deserves better.
Yes - I rate Chelsea and her aspirations and drive to achieve her ambition and goal.
I agree Miriam 🙏🏼
DeleteThinking ahead, I wonder if the eclipse will be mentioned in next week's TA, as it will be reaching it's peak right in the middle of Wednesday's episode.
ReplyDeleteWhat a load of nonsense - have counselling before you need it, you never know what you might find out about yourself, especially if you happen on someone as super intuitive as Keira.
ReplyDeleteComes of being silent for so long - people forget you're in the room, listening to every word they say ....
DeleteStupid, stupid, stupid Brad! No wonder Amber was furious with him and let him know it.
ReplyDeleteBrad is straightforward and truthful, he does not find it easy to lie or prevaricate. He had just spent a worrying time supporting Amber and the baby at the hospital. He still clearly has feelings for Amber, knows he cannot act on them, and has worked very hard to keep them in check. Then Keira came along, threw him off guard by telling him she knows he fancies Amber (even though he has taken pains to keep anyone from realising) and keep pushing him with questions. I'm not surprised he cracked.
DeleteKeira had the chance to tell George, and chose not to. I hope that she will talk to Amber who will explain the confusion she felt at New Year but that she had made her choice to stick with George, that she loves him, and that Brad will never now be anything other than a good friend. Perhaps it will even help Amber having someone to confide in - she has kept her feelings of guilt about the kiss bottled up inside herself for several months now.
I follow your thinking but myself think Brad’s ‘cracking’ resulted in a stupid also that he was never a meaningful choice for Amber which is why the kiss doesn’t have the importance to her it has to him. He needs to broaden his social horizons via uni as Ambridge is short of suitable young women and his fantasies have no other focus there.
DeleteStupid mistake
DeleteHa, "bottled up" when George was bottled! And Amber feels guilty and furious with herself, taking it out on Brad. Keira who was absent then and a George hater has now become a dutiful sister.
ReplyDeletePrecisely, why doesn't she question Amber and where did she pick up on all of this.
They brought her in to stir trouble, will she get George to play his recording if she's so observant.
PS George must have kept his A&E ticket from the previous day - amazing turnaround there!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteIn my opinion, Keira is showing a big streak of jealousy. She no longer gets the attention she once had, nor has had since George came out of prison. This to me was why she ran away at New Year.
ReplyDeleteShe is also jealous of the soon to be new baby Grundy.
The making of the cider cake and taking it to George + Amber, was seeking akowlogement + praise of her handiwork from them.
After Brad and assuming things that didn't happen, she now has a reason not to like Amber.
This is just my interpretation as to how I've heard things. 🤔
This comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteTo clarify I think she feels that she's lost the affection of her brother and a lot of her family, esp.as Dad Ed is now so busy.
DeleteExtra after Sunday's listen, in that Keira has now blocked Amber.
DeleteFarewell, Monty?
ReplyDeleteMaybe and nothing to do with the sheep incident.
DeleteDid the guests let him loose when Lynda and Robert went to the Bull?
DeleteMight it be possible that the BnB guests - teenage sons ? - let Monty out / took him for a walk - while Lindy and husband were at The Bull ?
ReplyDeleteMight be the reason that they did not return after the funeral.
Well thought out Mrs P ✔️
DeleteI wondered about the B&B guests, too
DeleteThis was so unpleasant, Fallon and Harrison cohabiting but not being able to organise their shopping.
ReplyDeleteThen Monty being taken away.
And Elizabeth talking over Freddie's head, as if he was some incompetent subordinate.
The business is hers, but he is her son, so deserves to be at least informed.
👍
DeleteAnd I agree he should be kept informed because presumably when the house comes to him he would be able to make decisions as to whether or not the business is run from the premises ( although admittedly he will need the money from the business for the upkeep of the house). I suppose eventually it might be Lily who runs the business side of things.
ReplyDeleteAre there any other dobermans in the area I wonder? Harrison said he didn't know of any others, but that doesn't mean there aren't any.
DeleteThat DNA was matched fully to Monty, I think the B&B guests may well be able to shed some light,, could their mobile phones confirm their location?
ReplyDeleteJanice, I agree that Elizabeth could have been kinder with her manner towards Freddie. It occurred to me that she is building up a self contained business that she can pass on to Lily but as the business and Lower Loxley house are enmeshed in a symbiotic relationship there could be problems. Siblings working together is a different dynamic compared to a married couple, especially if/when a sibling marries.
Some listeners have suggested Khalil, who has always struck me as too big for his boots. I was impressed by Robert’s handling of the situation - calm, practical and sensitive. It was he who suggested sending Monty’s favourite things with him, and got them together while Lynda was bewailing. Well done, that man!
ReplyDeleteWell, at least that's cleared up for now; we don't know what Brookfield will say, but I feared he might be destroyed.
ReplyDeleteI doubt David will be lenient as will Pip, who both found the devastating sight of their dead + dying livestock.
DeleteSo this evening we had confirmation that the idea - proposed by both BASIA and myself - of Monty’s attack might have something to do with the BnB guests, and or their sons.
DeleteHowever, this story line is not stacking up for me.
Has Monty ever made a run for it before ?
Was Monty ever left in an outside kennel regularly ?
Did the Snells often leave the dog in his kennel - in the garden - when going to the pub ?
Why, when savaging sheep was so unlikely of this particular dog, did he make an escape, do the deed, then come home.
My understanding is that once a dog has tasted blood, it wants more.
And this kennel in the garden bothers me too.
When I was a child many people who had dogs did house them in kennels in the back garden, including my relatives. But dogs now are far more pampered and cherished and in my experience are definitely part of life inside the home.
I don’t know a single dog who lives outside, although I wouldn’t be surprised if farm dogs do so.
Perhaps others can enlighten me.
Soz ?
The dogs I knew divided their time between kennel and indoors and I expect Monty did the same. Is his reluctance to leave the car on fete day still significant and how can Lynda feel sentimental about him knowing what he is capable of?
DeleteI was puzzled too about why Monty didn't want to leave the car
DeleteAfter a think (🤭) I had an idea! This is to do with the boys at the B+B in that they tormented and teased Monty to such an extent he ran off. On seeing Monty return they washed him to try + hide any unusual happenings.
At the fete the noise spooked him, as it reminded him of the boys.
ReplyDeleteWhatever the details these are some sad storylines: Fallon and Harrison; Robert, Lynda and Monty.
The damage is done and Lynda has finally come to her senses, she hadn't seen any blood or the devastation of the sheep.
I suppose it is up to Brookfield if the community resolution works, that is if there is any.
Perhaps Monty will not want to come back?
I wonder if they'll put in a topical insert about the drought that we are experiencing, it would be affecting all the farms in Ambridge
ReplyDeleteCarol is so devious, she probably made Alan delete something that Anna had set up for her.
ReplyDeleteLucy Davis - Hayley of yesteryear and daughter of Jasper Carrot has announced she has stage 4 breast cancer a tough time for her and all her family sending thoughts to each and everyone of them ❤️
ReplyDeleteCarol still being annoying! However blasts from the past this week Freddie and Lily. I’d forgotten Freddie works at Vince’s business it’s been so long and also did nor recognise Lily immediately for the same reason 😮
Perhaps an unpopular opinion among listeners but I feel Monty should be put down. He is coming to the end of his natural life and I wonder if he may have a terminal condition which in a way let’s everyone off the hook. If he is returned to the Snalls, it won’t be the carefree existence they enjoyed with him before. The sheep slaughter will cast a long shadow and the mandatory restrictions on him will be a pain to them and him. (How long before they need to downsize/look at assisted livings, though things are different in fictional Ambridge, of course?)
ReplyDeleteSadly I agree about Monty being put down.
DeleteThere has to be due to the severity of the attack which was 25 sheep/lambs killed or badly injured.
This has to be shown as the reality of dog attacks + I feel that if the SW's do spare Monty, they are not not being realistic.
I don't like taking this view, but to me it is inevitable and justified.
Note. This was posted before the episode of Friday when the decision became known.
DeleteI said that I feared he might be destroyed. There is a decision tonight at Brookfield as to the community resolution. They may very well oppose his return and as I also said, he may not want to after his stay away or may become unmanageable which would be a way out.
ReplyDeleteAt some point Jill's death will have to be acknowledged, she was mentioned yesterday by Anna who really was out of place and I found it uncomfortable.
How sad to hear how quickly the relationship between Harrison + Fallon has changed and deteriorated.
ReplyDeleteA spreadsheet for doing the household chores..😱
Perhaps it's Fallon who should move into Rex's barge leaving Harrison with the full mortgage repayments on Woodbine..
He'll need a lodger - the soon to be homeless Hannah? 🤣
I have imagined that Elizabeth might find some useful accommodation for Fallon at Lower Loxley.
DeleteI’m sure there must be a set of rooms or some useful external building that could be utilised.
Yes, cottage,flat, whatever it was that Lewis occupied when he was running the art gallery He had a family connection which entitled him ttoo. It seems to have been standing empty since he went to live with his sister. It sounds as if Elizabeth could do with the rent.
DeleteI know Lewis lived in the private family accommodation with Julia, but no idea where he lived after she died.
DeleteSo thanks for letting me know it was a cottage or a flat elsewhere on the estate.
Well that's that then - Brookfield's decision comes as no surprise.
ReplyDeleteRobert and Lynda should see the photographs as well, then they wouldn't consider going to court to see the carnage then.
✔️I agree!
DeleteI’m not surprised by David and Ruth’s decision. I am trying to remember whether they heard shouting before they reached the sheep’s field, if there were voices that would suggest that Monty hadn’t taken himself for a walk but had been taken out by someone other than the Snells who have an alibi.
DeleteI'm beginning to agree with Miriam that perhaps the B&B boys tormented Monty and made him run off. Presumably the latch on the gate had been broken for some time, and, as far as we know, Monty had never previously taken advantage of this. Also, why were they so concerned to hose Monty down and stop him getting into trouble? If I came across an animal covered in blood my concern would be for safety - the animal's, in case it was injured, mine and other people/animal's if there was a chance the blood wasn't its own. The boys' actions suggest perhaps *they* didn't want to get into trouble.
DeleteWell, I don't normally speculate, but looking ahead and back I have a culprit, we'll see.
DeleteThese things normally come out, but Monty is guilty all the same.
Yes, nothing alters the central fact that Monty savaged Brookfield’s sheep and then Snells’ negligence, in not securing their property boundaries or restricting guests’ access to him, was contributory.
DeleteI read a post elsewhere from a farmer’s wife who years ago joined her husband Ito investigate why their sheep were making an unusual noise one night. Two dogs were attacking the flock and one turned on her husband. He had his shotgun with him and fired in self defence.
Personal message for Miriam - I was horrified by the personal attack on you on a different web page we both subscribe to. Just want to let you know that I strongly refuted that unpleasant remark about your posts and sent a message to the writer that she should apologise and said you have just as much right to air your views as anyone else on the site. Also, that if you decide to leave, I shall leave with you.
ReplyDeleteWell done ARCHERPHILE !
DeleteAP I saw it and it was very much appreciated. I'm just ignoring what was said as I'm not stooping to that person's level. I'm not the only one who's had such a personal attack.
DeleteI won't be leaving, as why should I?
Thanks again.
This comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteTo KP nuts
ReplyDeleteI’ve listened again to the episode - 6th June - when the sheep were found by David and Pip.
There was sound of a dog barking in the distance but I did not detect any human sound apart from David and Pip. No voices.
Incidentally, Pip was really calm and focussed. David was in pieces !
I’m still of the opinion that the BnB ‘ boys ‘ had something to do with this attack, and it wasn’t a positive contribution.
ReplyDeleteThe new law can exempt dog owners from liability if the dog was in the charge of another person at the time of the offence without the owner’s consent, eg. If stolen or taken without permission. Is TA taking us down that route? Not that it exonerates Monty.
DeleteTo answer your rhetorical question ME - yes, if that is the case ( of which I was not aware ! ), yes I think so.
DeleteMy instinct is leading me daily down the path of Monty being taken to be near sheep, where it’s probable that Linda never goes.
We were told that the BnB guests did not return after the funeral, with the implication that they had been expected to come back. This suggests to me that they must have packed up and left quickly, and perhaps earlier than expected by Robert and Linda.
There must be a point to this SL and it’s clearly not over yet.
Have the police actually interviewed the B&B guests? I can't recall any mention of it.
DeleteTo me the point is that animals have instincts which must not be ignored.
DeleteWhat puzzles me is that one dog is supposed to have killed 15 sheep. To me that sounds a more realistic number for several dogs, or at least two, acting together.
ReplyDeleteTwo dogs does sound plausible esp. with the time scale, but the fact remains, Monty was there and involved as proven by the DNA matches.
DeleteAre the rural police using Monty as a scapegoat.
I re-listened to the June 16th episode and onr thing that PC Nicola Trueman said to David was something like:-
Publicity around such an event/conviction is good for prevention. 🤔
The time scale I'm referring to being:-
DeleteThe B+B guests were going to a funeral at 3.00pm in Felpersham so would probably need to have left by 2.00pm at tge latest.
Lynda + Rob left for The Bull for lunch at 12.00pm.
In two hours Monty went to Home Farm, savaged 12 ewes + 3 lambs, to return back to then be hosed off + cleaned, along with B+B guests packing up when they were meant to be returning later?
It probably is possible.
I'm just playing "Devils Advocate" 🤣🤣
DeleteAgree with both BASIA - instincts, and Janice - more than one dog.
ReplyDeleteAnd to CC, no interviews of the BnB guests as far as I’ve heard.
This SL is nowhere near over yet.
Re my post above.
DeleteI listened to the omnibus today, and although I missed the actual wording, I think that Harrison said that the adults of the BnB family had been spoken to about the incident.
Others - Miriam ? - who listen on Sunday may well have heard more clearly than me.
TBH I did listen as usual but I was getting ready to go out leaving at about 9.30am so wasn't concentrating as much.
DeleteI think they had been contacted by the police, but can't say for definite
Thanks M
DeleteMmmmmm…
ReplyDeleteJust listened to tonight’s episode.
Is there a subplot here ?
If Khalil is so consumed and clearly disturbed by the images of the slaughtered sheep that he saw on Ruth’s phone …….
Might this be a way into looking at the outcomes for young people - boys and young men - who see images, and watch on screens, pornography ?
Just a thought.
Khalil is disturbed and his parents are concerned, but as promised Keira put them off the scent.
ReplyDeleteAll the same I hope she stays watchful and insists he seeks help if the situation doesn't improve.
No, I didn't make the connection MrsP, though I had thought he might be somehow implicated in the whole affair, but it doesn't seem to be the case.
On a lighter note I'm glad that Akram finally took our advice and tends to his garden as well as allotment. He's quite particular about the way he wants things done and can do as he wishes, being his own boss professionally and in his spare time. I don't know why he wanted to work at Bridge Farm and supposedly he's left by now.
Think Akram wanted to work at Bridge Farm because he liked their ethos.
DeleteEthos not enough to give him job satisfaction though.
I have come to the conclusion that Ambridge must be the only place in the country not currently experiencing drought. The way Akram was tending his lawn yesterday, his grass is clearly lush and verdant, not brown, frazzled, and dead like the lawns in the rest of the country. Perhaps they could be persuaded to share their precipitation with the rest of us.
Delete(We had *some* rain last night - enough to make a few small puddles in the gutters. But the spiders in the water butt were completely undisturbed.)
Yes, and Fallon looking at the aubergines. What will they have at the Flower & Produce?
DeleteIt is supposed to be the story about farming.
Elsewhere it's total devastation and the animals are eating their winter feed.
I dread to think what shortages we're going to face, never mind the price.
Very wonky carrots and few potatoes to start with I should think.
DeleteMrsP - these two are form my staple diet, that's why I'm most concerned.
DeleteAs to yesterday's multi-talented and multi-tasking Lily: she opened a barn door remotely and as to whom she showed Harrison on CCTV I have no idea, it says a shady character around GG - will it turn out significant?
Well it should do Basia as the image was so clear apparently 🙃
DeleteSurely a small re write will come this week I know they only do them now if it is a momentous event like the Queen dying but current weather conditions are momentous especially as the programme is about farming in the region of drought. If it were based in Scotland then lush green grass still fair enough. It’s beginning to annoy me now 😡
Difficult to avoid a mention of the destruction caused by the recent wildfires closer to home in the West Midlands.
DeleteMaybe the shady character will be involved.
DeleteJolene to me is not liking Fallon moving on. She sounded very supportive when Fallon showed her the LL Cruk Barn along with explaining the plans for it, hut is she?.
ReplyDeleteJolene seems to have forgotten when Fallon was the manager of Jaxx and living with Rhys in the shop flat. She then married Harrison, moved into Woodbine + had her own business in the Bridge Farm Tea shop.
Fallon has only been working back at The Bull relatively short-term, so why does Jolene think that Fallon is deserting her in such a detrimental way...
Answer BASIA….. for the sake of DRAMA !
DeleteI reckon Ruth should have come clean about showing the photos to Khalil when Azra went to see her yesterday.
ReplyDeletePerhaps, but Khalil went charging in there in a rage that they accused Monty, what was Ruth to do in the heat of the moment than to show him the evidence, I don't blame her and Khalil should have told his parents what had happened.
DeleteAgree.
DeleteYes, I accept that Khalil went in like a bull in a china shop, and that Ruth's reaction was a heat of the moment response. But even David recognised it was not appropriate to show the child those pictures.
DeleteBut as Khalil's mother, Azra needed to know he had been shown them. Khalil is in shock, frightened, and not wanting to worry his parents, you can't rely on him to tell them what he has seen. It wouldn't be an easy conversation, and I imagine Azra will be furious to learn that Ruth showed him those images. But better Ruth speaks now, mother to mother, than having to fess up when Azra finally gets the truth from Khalil and storms round to find out exactly what Ruth thought she was playing at.
I'm disappointed George accepted the £20 from Eddie which he obtained by dishonesty.
ReplyDeleteEsmie gave him a chance but for Eddie anything goes. I thought he stepped in to help them both and not doing a favour.
Yes I didn't think it was nice of Eddie taking advantage of Esme. At least George seems aware she has to work all hours, both online and on the farm, to be able to pay the farm rent and his wages.
ReplyDeleteOld habits I suppose.
DeleteI’m disappointed too, but we don’t know that George might rethink taking that ££ - or Amber might have something to say about it if he fesses up.
A farming couple ban a beloved dog from the village and then inflict distressing images on an innocent child from Solihull. Flowers for the victims, condemnation for the perpetrators.
ReplyDeleteKhalil needed to know what dogs, even the sainted Monty, can do to animals in the countryside when left to roam free. He was raging at Ruth and David and did not believe the damage Monty could possibly have done. The only way to convince him was to see the consequences and what had happened to those sheep.
ReplyDeleteThe countryside is not always a pretty place. He is 15, not 5, and this was a sharp but necessary lesson - for anyone moving to the countryside.
Now, after the Malik's visit, it is Ruth who is left feeling guilty which is wrong.
That's what I said above, the SWs decided to turn it around, unnecessarily I think, but that's what often happens in life, the victims are hunted for "disturbing the order" and the protagonists given protection.
DeleteAlso I'm sure Khalil does know about dogs in the countryside. He's lived in Ambridge long enough, is close friends with Keira + Henry and Lynda would have made him aware of what dogs off the leash can do when there's livestock around.
DeleteKhalil was shocked the culprit was Monty but he had to know the truth even if it was seeing the result of Monty's actions.
Perhaps Ruth have done it differently but it had to be done.
Is TA tapping into current concerns about mental health issues in young men and boys? There must be other potential storylines for Khalil!
ReplyDeleteWhich is what I was suggesting Maryellen in my post of the August 16 - 8.19 pm. In which I was thinking about the mental health of young men around violence and anxiety.
DeleteHistory in Ambridge is repeating itself
ReplyDeleteI'm in 2013, David chases two off the leash dogs off away from his sheep. One ewe ends up in the Am, one tangled up in barbed wire. At the same time Ed has neosporidium in his Grange Farm Guernseys two aborting, which can be dog sourced. As such notices put around about keeping dogs on leash. Lynda talking to Ed -Off course I'd never let Scruff off the leash near livestock, anyway he's well trained + a softie. or similar Ed replies that might not always be the case .
Sounds familiar - doesn't it..
One of the Grundy brothers once shot George's dog.
ReplyDeleteStrangely I actually listened to that event today. I knew it happened but it was interesting to hear again how + why, along with the continuing Will + Ed animosity.
DeleteWell said Lynda!
ReplyDeleteIt's hardly surprising that stories are repeated in The Archers. A serial running for so long and concentrating on a particular section of society (countryside, village, farming) is bound to have returning events over the years. Poor harvests, good harvests, weather problems, workforce problems, animal diseases (foot and mouth, BSE, swine fever) and even sheep worrying. These things happen in most countryside and farming communities. Just as other types of events are repeated in town-set dramas
ReplyDelete…..and through the different generations ways of dealing with the issues vary too as time moves forward plus changes in the law.
DeleteThis is what I'm finding so interesting, the same basic S/L's upgraded as to modern times, with differing technology + outcomes. It's fascinating me.
DeleteIn my current listening, Joe broke his wrist and is having trouble with his grasp after the cast came off. He got upset he couldn't fasten Bartleby's halter. This might well be repeated with George, as to not be able to help with Babe when it arrives.
I thought the Maliks vs Brookfield was excessive, but yesterday was embarrassing to start with and then well over the top, how much are they trying to milk out of this s/l?!
ReplyDeleteAgreed, Basia.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteMiriam but was it Ed who shot the dog William had bought for George?
ReplyDeleteI just remember that Emma convinced the breeder to sell her another one.
Ed shot William's trainee dog Baz, whilst out with Eddie rabbit hunting. He thought it was a hare + fired, to find it was Baz ho was killed outright. George had been with Dad Will whilst training him
DeleteBaz had run off from Will.
DeleteThis was November and I think Holly was bought for George a few weeks later for Christmas.
Will said Ed did it on purpose, but Eddie knew it was an accident.
Holly is still alive but I hadn't realised she's now about 13yrs.
To add George was with Baz training him, a few days previously, not at the event as was in school.
DeleteThank you Miriam, I thought Ed shot him because he was attacking livestock, obviously my mind focusing on the current events.
DeleteThat didn't take long - two to tango and all that.
ReplyDeleteKhalil is right to get some distance from Ruth and Keira and move on.
I wonder what it is about older men that Lily finds attractive.
DeleteOh good grief.
DeleteHarrison has overcome his heartbreak pretty quickly.
Hang on, wasn't he only planning to be back in the program for a few months? Is he going to keel over mid-tango?
I thought so too owias on both counts….
DeleteI'm surprised at Harrison. I expect though this is all part of his next break away S/L. To explain, now that he + Fallon have split up, he'll come to realise that he's too involved in Ambridge, both with his job + relationships and move away, be it temporary or permanent.
DeleteI read an interview by the actor soon after he was killed off in Corrie. He said he was so looking forward to be back in TA and he was then going onto being in a play somewhere.
DeleteI assume it's still the same 🤷♀️
Lily obviously takes after me CC 😉🫢🤣
ReplyDeleteIt’s hardly a mystery regarding Lily and older men, she lost her father at a difficult age.
ReplyDeleteIt’s pretty common.
I’m pretty sure I didn’t join in, but wasn’t there some discussion on here about the likely candidates for romance for Harrison when he and Fallon decided to split ?
Was Lily on the list as a consideration ?
Oh please explain this.
DeleteLily was 11/12yrs when dad Nigel died, who was 51yrs.
Why does this mean she has a thing for older men?
A young woman seeking a relationship with an older man is often referred to as an unresolved Electra complex, or in lay terms a father complex.
ReplyDeleteIt’s also often associated with attachment theory, and she might be unconsciously
seeking to be grounded by such a relationship.
Are those theories or is there data to support those ideas MrsP?
DeleteIt is indeed an outdated theory CC - however my personal experience of many women in relationships with an older man - who have also lost their father ( emotionally or by death ) lead me to have belief in the theory, outdated or not.
DeleteMaybe put in a simpler way she's never got over the very sudden loss of her father and is trying to replace him.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteI thought your remark was fine Miriam, just another point of view. And in the past when a woman's role was to stay at home to raise the children choosing a more established older man was perhaps an instinctive way to provide for her future children.
DeleteIt may be oldfashioned and controversial to some, but I think that ideally one parent should be at home to care for the children. I realise the lack of this may be down to the economy and rising expctations though.
I think Harrison would be better off with Hannah unless she still has a crush on Chris......
ReplyDeleteToo much kissy kissy tonight for my liking !
ReplyDeleteI thought we were going to be in for another shower scene, like Sid and Jolene all those years ago!
ReplyDeleteThank goodness they stopped short of that. I must be getting old as I'm not keen on sexy scenes- too embarrassing!
Much better left to the imagination Archerfile.
DeleteI don’t even want to enter my imagination any longer CC !
DeleteAmber has brought out the best in George just as we hoped would happen. Long may it continue!
ReplyDeleteWill the SW add in a line or two about Dolly Parton’s death - between Jolene and Eddie I wonder. 🤔
ReplyDeleteIt would be very strange if they did not Lady R
DeletePersonally, I am already sick and tired of hearing about Dolly Parton today. Every news summary, blanket coverage on breakfast TV, virtual deification in the USA.
DeleteI know she did some good things, contributed money to many good causes, but so have many people and they do not get such coverage on their deaths.
Sorry if this offends, but there are many more important things going on in the world apart from the death of a country and western singer.
I agree Archerphile though I do like her catchy tunes. I'll carry on the other blog.
DeleteThey should play Jolene in the background, but have you noticed that the music has disappeared, is it due to the cuts?
DeleteAlso, Joe once said that Jolene is not her real name, can't remember what it was, but a stage one. They all have American names: Fallon, Jolene and Wayne.
Jolene adopted the name when she was performing with the band she fronted.
DeleteJolene’s real name is Doreen. She is very keen on Dolly Parton.
DeleteYes, thank you Maryellen, I knew it was something that rhymed.
DeleteThere was no "Jolene" playing and no background, they stood outside the pub, fools.