BasiaJuly 1, 2026 at 8:50 AM Ed won't show his texels because Brian says no and Keira won't step in - they'll have to think of some other solution.
REPLY
maryellenJuly 1, 2026 at 12:07 PM Let’s hope Keira can be persuaded to change her mind and boost her self belief.
MiriamJuly 1, 2026 at 5:03 PM How sad Brian has quashed Ed's chance at the show with his texels. Ed must also have had someone else to step in to drive the trailer and help Keira- Eddie? Did think of George, but he'd be too busy with the media side of things and also still can't drive.
Cheshire CheeseJuly 1, 2026 at 6:23 PM Typical of Brian to say he'll be flexible and then refuse to be flexible.
AmbridgesMrsPJuly 1, 2026 at 6:28 PM Can’t remember who said it, but correct IMO, Ambers father is a replacement for Matt Crawford. Out to have his way with every trick in the book. Blatantly squashing George with his own agenda and eventually manoeuvring George around to his argument.
I have accepted that as the older generation of actors fades away new blood is required in Ambridge, and so far I have accepted those new characters, but for a reason I cannot myself understand, I have not taken to Ambers parents at all, right from the beginning, and I really resent them becoming part of TA.
And now to cap it all, we are told they are from Lewisham. The Borough of Lewisham, where I grew up ( as did the awful Rachel Reeves ) and a place that i will forever disdain.
MiriamJuly 1, 2026 at 6:54 PM Bill reminds me more of Vince, not Matt. Matt was extremely scheming + devious at the expense of others, remember Christine losing her life savings,which doesn't sound like Bill at all. I did love Tiger though!
AmbridgesMrsPJuly 1, 2026 at 10:25 PM I meant in the way of scheming and manipulating Miriam. Not that he is dishonest.
Ed. I do hope he doesn't spy for + tittle-tattle to Martyn, as it won't be worth it. He's already in a difficult position with Brian, as he thinks he's just a contract worker, now to find he's supposedly Brian's deputy without the contract + pay! I do worry about Ed.
The Family Grundy cot.. I can think of 3 generations it's been used for, and would love a 4th one to also use it in a few months time. Just call me sentimental.. Tradition means much more than fancy gimmicky alternatives, and as Neil sad so wisely - All a baby needs is love. 🥰
I find impossible to take Martyn Gibson seriously these days. He sounds to me as if he’s permanently stuck in one of those comic relief episodes we get as an antidote to the over-serious ones, often associated with Eddie Grundy in. the past.I don’t if it’s poor editing, scripting or acting - or just me.
I’ve never been able to take Martin Gibson seriously. He has always seemed to me to be a ‘ fill in ‘, used to fill in a gap in the flow of life in Ambridge.
Remember how awful Martyn Gibson was to Kathy at the Golf Club, so she resigned +-left her job, hardly a fill-in part then. However he knows Brian well, having been together on the BL board for very many years, my guess is at least 15yrs if not a lot more. If anyone knows Brian + Adam well, then it's him as he has seen many Adam/Brian clashes before, such as at the Mega Dairy set-up. Martyn to me is the one person who could help sort Brian + the Home Farm situation out. OK - there have been fun interludes with Martyn - the mobile sauna, taking dating tips from Chelsea + Zainab but he did show a different side of him with them. I do think though, he's not just a fill in character, but one who can perhaps make a difference, be it only in the short-terrn.
I agree, Miriam, that Martyn Gibson’s role as a leading local businessman is an influential one, but there seems a discrepancy between the role and the man who to me always sounds like a buffoon, not just when he is being one. The actor’s vocal style is partly to blame. I think it dates back to TA’s ill-judged spoof on A Christmas Carol.
Thank you Maryellen, you’ve given me the words I could not find for myself on this occasion. It is the actors vocal style that for me places him in a derisory position, leaving me to dismiss him entirely. It makes him a lightweight whom I cannot take seriously.
Yes, I agree with all three of you above, but since Martyn's wife left him, he's undergone a change of character together with his clothes style, romping on Tracy's sofa and I can't take him seriously either.
Listening to the Omnibus today I was confused - are Chris and Lottie a couple? Didn't realise they even knew each other. And, I didn't realise Chris and Martha are still living with Fallon and will have to move when whatsisname comes home. (Thanks to dying in Coronation Street!) Surely the flat above the shop must be repaired by now?
Yes Archerphile, Chris and Lottie have been "an item" for a while now and we got rather a lot of them recently. I can't remember when she became a receptionist at the surgery, but never mind. Her daughter is called Madison and you were thinking of Harrison coming back.
I always enjoy the omnibus and play a game, as to spot what has been cut out from the nightly episodes. Today's was so obvious - Helen going off to sort out the SUV driver parking outside, so Kirstu hung the wallpaper upside down. Although this wasn't anything to do with the current S/L, it was never the less, one of the more comedic scenes.
28th to the 30TH of July Archerphile ⭐️‼️ The New Forest County Show, as for the weather who knows probably too hot or if not too wet but I don’t think that is likely just yet 🙃
Seems like my question as to when Chris will be moving back into the flat above the shop was answered tonight! And, Basia, I had completely missed out onLottie/Chris. I only knew she worked at the surgery. Their relationship just passed me by!!
As far as I remember they had the first date, realised who each other were and Chris told Fallon, they might meet up again. It's all been behind the scenes really, until recently. I still want Chris + Alice to re-unite - if only dreams came true said wistfully..
I feel the family dynamics are bound to change when Martha starts doing things with Chris plus Lottie in Alice’s place, also Alice plus Rex in Chris’s place though this doesn’t seem to be happening. Maybe Martha will take it all in her stride and perhaps play it for al it’s worth, or. maybe she with become confused and unsettled with all that brings. Any child psychologists around?
No, not a child psychologist, but a displaced mother, when the next wife became established, and one child in particular wanted to be with her daddy and would pay any price to do so. I don’t think she had or has any confusion over her choice, but her sister was quite definitely challenged with the loyalty that became a struggle for her. And the displaced wife still feels the consequences of the loss of much of her daughter’s childhood’s.
So yes Maryellen, I agree, the family dynamics may well change.
There is something brewing in the George / Amber camp…. Has George been caught on video driving the car(s) or is Amber about to need an emergency trip to the hospital 🤔
Susan is the baby’s great grandmother, the Gordon’s are its grandparents, so they all belong to its extended family. As always, lovely Susan is doing her best. to be helpful. She is Ambridge’s least self centred resident.
Susan just wants to be nosy + see where they live along with a chance to mix with them, in the same way she was with Brian + Jennifer when Alice + Chris got married. I can just hear her saying to them - well we are almost family...😆
Yes, Miriam, I think she'll want to make the point that - we are family now. Let's see whether the outcome will be positive or will create a further rift, I'm prepared for a surprise.
I don’t think we have to take such a negative view of Susan. There’s a lot to admire in her. Yes, she may have been curious to see what the new additions to the Grundy/Carter clan were like - who wouldn’t be? All of us, for a start. But her primary motive was.to help Amber in any way she could. Satisfying her natural curiosity would be a bonus. Neil lacks curiosity as well as imagination
I certainly didn't think my view and comment was negative. It was just an observation based on Susan's previous ideas of joining those in other circles.
Miriam and BASIA - yes, precisely the point I took. Susan HAS to be involved, with the intention of heightening her own presence within the family hierarchy. That is Number one !
I can imagine Neil thinking….. oh dear, here we go again…… but I do love her.
Ah Sophie Wessex what a lovely surprised so genuine and unaffected I thought she did very well ⭐️ When I read the tag line I thought it might be Jeremy Clarkson 🙃
Lovely to hear that the special guest was Sophie Wessex. I like the way that she just gets on with job without any drama. Speaking of Bridge Farm, we survived the very hot weather at the Badminton flower show and were not disappointed by the TA 75th anniversary garden. Jo Thompson did her usual good job and there were some nice little touches. The goats weren't there because of the high temperature which I expected. It was an enjoyable day for us with the bonus of being able to visit family. Hopefully the garden will be shown on tomorrow's Gardener's World which comes from the show.
There's an interesting piece with photos, about the Duchess of Edinburgh doing the recording, on the BBC news website page, in case anyone is interested.
Sad, sad news. Just heard of the death of Paddy Green in the 8am news. The character I most admired and felt most like me for so many years. We had all thought she must be unwell as she had not been heard for some time, but like Peggy, she was an incredibly long term member of the cast. Now it remains to be seen how her death will be handled in the story. R.I.P. Paddy and thanks for all the years of pleasure listening to you.
Archerphile, yes you told us how you identified with her. I once saw her on TV and she said that Jill had taken over and she baked cakes instead of drinking gin & tonic. Goodbye Jill and thank you.
I was just coming on to say I heard this news & a short interview with Timothy Bentinck at about 8.50 on the today programme. Must confess that got more of a response from me than the death of Anne Widdecombe
I agree and was surprised that she is not on the BBC website nor mentioned in the news bulletins, apart from Today which I haven't heard. WH had a tribute to Anne Widdecombe but nothing about Paddy Greene, even in passing, though she was on the programme not long ago and the Archers often are.
I did not know of Paddy Green’s death although not surprising still a sad loss to us Archer followers. What day for upsetting news , Paddy passing and Anne W murdered 🙁
There have at last, been very many items on "Jill" and her passing. The one on the RT web page has a photo of Jill + David from early days. David looks so young with longish hair and a moustache! He is recognisable - just. I 😃
I felt the recent photos of Sophie Ma’am and actors in the recording studio weren’t very complimentary to those playing David and Brian. Good thing their voices haven’t changed with time.
Just listened to this weekends pod cast. Such a delightful listen. ARCHERPHILE - if you listen, see if you remember the name of the Brookfield youngster and the shenanigans that went on at Arkwright Hall. I’m pleased to say I did remember.
Funny isn’t it what sticks in our memories, and what doesn’t. Now you mention them I too remember Aunt Laura at Arkwright Hall and yes the dog lady who went on to the Laurels, I think. And Freddie Danny !
I listened this morning while doing the ironing, it was an enjoyable episode. The Arkwright hall events were before my time. I watched Gardeners' World yesterday to see the Badminton Flower Show broadcast. Interesting that Adam Frost is a listener to the programme. I spent some time yesterday sorting out my more than 300 photos of the flower show and noticed that in the TA garden bit they didn't show the table with Helen's cheeses on.
I think £35,000 was what the seed drill cost, so he’s given his five children its cash value divided equally between them. Presumably the drill is the Partnership’s biggest single asset and he is in effect personally buying it off them. And trying to keep Ian quiet, of course Well, that’s how I see it, but I tend to lose concentration with the financial details, especially in a heatwave! I’ll be interested in what you think.
I'm not sure but I thought the seed drill was something like £120,000, bought by Stella but it wasn't authorised by Brian as he was on holiday. She spoke to Adam for advice who intimated that as manager it was her decision. I might be very wrong on this, as usual! I can't work out what the seed drill had to do with the pay-out Brian made.
Thank you, yes it makes sense, but as Ian points out in not so many words it's just pocket money to keep them quiet. I'm also overheated but how much is the farm worth and Adam's years of input. Before I knew it was the drill I thought it was some kind of percentage of the overall assets. Still, Adam wants to put it behind him and Ian seems to agree. At least his words had some effect but no doubt he will make his feelings clear to Brian when he gets an opportunity. Brian will leave the land to someone, will it go to his biological children, remains to be seen.
I caught the end of Pick of the Week yesterday, presented by Charles Collingwood, with the Archers at 75 and Jazzer singing, some of you have probably heard it already.
I listened to Pick of the Week, but still have the R3 Music Night to listen to. I heard a bit of Jazzer singing on the podcast a few weeks ago, and just that snippet gave me goosebumps so am looking forwards to hearing it in full plus the rest of the concert.
Miriam, you're right about the purchase of the seed drill and Stella and Adam. I was also confused, but that's what they said and the synopsis confirmed it. Therefore Maryellen's explanation makes sense. Ian did say it cost more, but Adam mentioned depreciation. I still think it's a cheap trick.
WOW That's some depreciation as it's only 3 years old as purchased in I think 2023. I had no idea that such losses happened so quickly. I 've certainly learnt something so Thanks.
Yes, I’ve just read in the Telegraph that the drill cost £120, 000 new, so Brian’s knocked a lot off for depreciation unless as Ian said, the £7000 each was a fist instalment to keep them and Ian quiet for the time being
If I remember correctly, wasn't the full price £150,000 but Stella was on a time limited offer for the £120,000? I'm relying on my memory only which is certainly not as it was!
In my archive Archers listening, I'm now up to 2012. This is fascinating as it is only 14yrs ago. George is a youngster, Ruairi is now at boarding school, Adam + Brian are hardly talking due to the mega dairy plans, Keira is only just over a year old and Emma/Clarrie/Susan are already saying what a clever girl she is + full of character, and Tom has just got a new polytunnel, sounds familiar! So many seeds were being sown then which are now appearing again now. The parallels are fascinating. Oh and Tracy has just appeared full-time.
Sorry. I should have clarified that the inheritence mentioned was to do with the then Home Farm business partnership of Brian, Adam + Debbie all equal then, with Ruairi put into the will as Brianfs biological son. The farmhouse ie the family home was not included in this part of his will, so no idea what was in the will as to Jennifer. Kate + Alice had already been gifted their cottages by then.
I'm an Harrison fan and love that he's back. 😃 It will take time for Harrison to settle back into Ambridge after such a long time away, not only with it's unique village life, but also he + Fallon settling back into married life as a couple. There has to be a period of re-adjusting and re-uniting, which is not helped by starting his new job so soon.
ME must be able to answer the query I have. Is Harrison still a sargent or was he demoted to constable?
To add I'm looking forwards to Harrison being a Rural Police Officer with their new increased powers, just like the one who attended David's lamb massacre. I'm hoping he'll make a difference as to rural crime 🫰
Still sergeant rank as far as I can tell. His character description on the TA website calls him a police officer which covers all eventualities. I’m not a fan of his. I thought his behaviour post-accident was abominable and I have a horrible feeling we are going to get more .
There is no doubt whatsoever that Tom is a plonker……. But I felt for him tonight. It’s clear that he still has residual feelings for Kirsty, and he was hurt and confused that she had not confided in him about the baby.
I thought Kirsty was really unkind towards him this evening.
Poor Tom, beastly Kirsty! Just like she was to Roy after the miscarriage and was recently on the verge of with Rex. Bloggers blamed it on hormones. Kirsty brings all her woes on herself.
To be fair to Kirsty, she has so far told very few people - her best friend and her workmate, who perhaps needed to know. And Amber, but that was accidental. She did plan to tell Tom, in her own time, and presumably before making a public announcement in The Bull. It is not her fault that Helen and then Pat accidentally spilled the beans. Yes, Tom was hurt not to have been told sooner. And, yes, he did tell Kirsty promptly when Natasha was expecting. But perhaps he could have been a bit less blunt. How about, 'I'm sure Helen's told you already that she accidentally let slip your news. I'm really happy for you. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone else until you're ready for it to be public knowledge.' There again, this is the guy who didn't have the guts to tell his fiancee he had cold feet before the day of the wedding. (I don't think he even told her then, didn't he send a messenger to say the wedding was off?)
And this is the woman who was so unaware of her fiancé’s inner turmoil that she was more concerned with choice of wedding stationery than his mental agony. Also the woman who used Tom as a sperm donor without telling him. At least Erik got the option. I don’t admire Kirsty in every respect (though she was great to listen to in The Canterbury Tales) and I’m not confident that she is good parent material. Longing and love are not enough.
Why else was she playing RussIan roulette with no contraception if she hadn’t entertained the possibility of getting pregnant by Tom? Kirsty is misguided but not stupid! 🙂
It's very complex and sensitive, there are people who are definitely backing Kirsty. On the whole I agree with OWiaS and their conversation should have ended at the Green. Tom did tell Kirsty himself at the vestry and she wailed. It was supposed to be their third time "unlucky" as he had left her for Brenda and I don't remember before that. Now almost everybody knows, Jakob was first, but didn't tell Kate. I don't agree that Kirsty planned to get pregnant by Tom, it was a one off for old times sake and they both agreed it was nice.
Now what about Anne-Marie accusing Susan of wanting to make a profit from the wretched cot! And why did Susan keep it - status symbol? It said that she "makes a friend"!? The plot thickens...
I really enjoyed Susan and Amber's trip to the Felpersham Theatre Royal, until Anne-Marie's final appearance (hiss, boo!), as I have often wished theatregoing featured more in Ambridge's cultural life. Well done Susan for making it part of your family's growing up. Didn't Lynda once organise a coach trip to the theatre at Stratford upon Avon or is that wishful thinking? Otherwise, Ambridge's theatricals are homegrown.
Well apart from getting the weather wrong - at least it’s out in the open quite quickly after ‘his’ return. A right royal row, I’d say. Is this problem ever going to be resolved between Fallon and Harrison ?
The other thing that was glaringly obvious to me, was that while Harrison was far more explicit in his responses, about his job, to others, he was not so with his wife.
All I've seen + read today is hate towards Harrison as selfish, no feelings for Fallon and the marriage is doomed, so the split will happen soon etc etc. I'm not giving my thoughts, but I do wonder if TA is teasing us listeners as to this scenario and giving red herring signals, where in fact it might just turn out differently in some way..🤷♀️ But then this thought is just stupid, I admit + accept.
I agree with CC, you could be right, Miriam. Harrison hasn’t shown any sign of his previous bad behaviour that I’ve noticed, but I think he may be hiding something.
Tom has pinched the idea of a field kitchen from our veg box farmer. He set his up in 2021 in one of the big farm sheds and has won awards for it. We've had some lovely meals there. It's Groobarbs Field Kitchen in case anyone wants to Google it.
Riverford Organics have had a Field Kitchen for ages. We took the children years ago for a tour around the farm followed by a delicious meal. Sadly, Devon is too far away for us to be regular visitors. But if you're down that way, I'd recommend a visit.
We had a ‘ Long Table ‘ weekly in Stroud. And that was before the covid period. During that period they continued to cook and set up freezers in various local places. Our village had one in our church. All meals at a set price of a fiver. The long table was originally in the warehouse where we had a second hand furniture bank, then later moved to one of the decrepit old mills, restored by volunteers. The food was all surplus from various sources.
It’s certainly not a new idea, although Helen seemed to greet it as such.
I enjoyed yesterday’s episode with three characters I like showing why I like them (Tom, Helen and Susan being supportive) and one I might get to like (Anne-Marie). TA at its best even if not its most gripping!
Anne - Marie certainly showed a different side to her character yesterday.
Interesting tho’ that, like her daughter, she was introduced as an unpleasant person, then a few episodes later, showed signs of being a pleasant person after all. And with Amber and George’s mother, then with A- M and Susan.
I thought Anne-Marie was very unpleasant at the theatre meet-up, accusing Susan of stealing that cot to sell it. To me she's being devious + cunning, now using Susan seeing how close they were, to try to get to + influence Amber away from George + The Grundy's.
Kick off isn’t until 8.00 pm so there shouldn’t be a conflict. We’ve got a family get together in Sussex, departure will be scheduled so MrNiuts can watch the match, although he will no doubt set it to record so he can watch on time slip if the traffic is a problem
I have son from France here at the moment so we watched the third place playoff between France and England last night. I never normally watch football and have managed to ignore the entire World Cup, but thought I should watch last night. Must say it was very exciting with all those goals and sporting behaviour. Didn't know which team to support in view of family allegiances and would have been just as happy for either them to win. Shan't be watching final though with the argy-bargies playing (or cheating)
Listening to Tom talking to Kirsty and previously Helen doesn't give the impression that he feels he had been used for reproductive purposes and I'm not advocating for either of them because I don't have favourite characters. He told his daughters that they had a half-brother called Wren. These one off pregnancies have been used to cover different issues: Annette's prompted Helen to use a sperm donor, Chelsea's resulted in an abortion and Kirsty's in a stillbirth. Kate and Pip used contraception and became pregnant all the same. People have sex which may end up in a pregnancy, these things happen as Siobhan told Brian.
I don't know if anyone listens to the podcast, but this week's had two very interesting parts. A real life Rural Police Officer talking about the job and what the outcome might be for Lynda if Monty was responsible. At the very end there is a short sketch done by some cast members "in character", recorded at Clarence House at the 70th anniversary event, hosted by the then Duchess if Cornwall. It's never been heard before and is comical.
Am wondering just how committed Alice is to Rex moving in. She sent him packing back to his barge very easily, as she didn't want to be disturbed when he returned back late. This doesn't sound like a woman in love
Mmmm Interesting ! We don’t often hear of any Ambridge residents looking outside of the village for love interest, do we. Can anyone think of such a situation ?
I remember the days of the wine bar in Felpersham. At least we ventured outside of the village for some social activities. Rarely now, except shopping occasionally.
Hearing Linda ( briefly) this evening I was surprised that there was no mention of the possibility that her dog was the perpetrator of the attack on Brookfield sheep. She bought expensive dog food, so must feel very confident that he will not be taken from her.
I think Roy had a go at online dating and threw his net slightly wider than Ambridge. My thought was maybe Lynda was treating the condemned to a hearty breakfast, but I would be really shocked if she had allowed Monty out unsupervised, that just seems totally out of character. I s this the first time we have heard what breed Monty is?
When Lynda first got Monty from the rescue kennels and took him home, she told everyone it was a Doberman. I remember there was an uproar as the picture shown on a site, not so sure it wasn't a BBC page of some sort, was of a Doberman with cropped ears, which is illegal and not true to the breed..It was quickly changed.
Now that Bert is at the shop perhaps Carol will come in, or will they meet at the fete? I'm still hoping. Amber is from outside Ambridge, Vince, Dane. This new event barn at LL, rather sudden, don't you think?
I don’t remember any conversation between Elizabeth and Fallon about the cruck barn. Apparently it was just after Christmas ? Anyone else remember this conversation ?
As for Bert at the shop. I really didn’t like his appearance in person, as opposed to his being a long term silent character, but he is certainly growing on me now. I really enjoyed his double act with Susan last night. Perhaps he is about to become our replacement for Joe Grundy.
We didn’t hear that conversation. I guess listeners didn’t need to know about the barn till now, when it was introduced to us for the next development in the Lower Loxley and Fallon/Harrison sagas. I suppose the barn builds on the old+ Art Gallery concept as an exhibition and event space.
If Fallon accepts the job as Creative Manager(?) then this will affect Ruth and David with their events barn, as Fallon sometimes did the catering for some of the parties held there.
BasiaJuly 1, 2026 at 8:50 AM
ReplyDeleteEd won't show his texels because Brian says no and Keira won't step in - they'll have to think of some other solution.
REPLY
maryellenJuly 1, 2026 at 12:07 PM
Let’s hope Keira can be persuaded to change her mind and boost her self belief.
MiriamJuly 1, 2026 at 5:03 PM
How sad Brian has quashed Ed's chance at the show with his texels.
Ed must also have had someone else to step in to drive the trailer and help Keira- Eddie?
Did think of George, but he'd be too busy with the media side of things and also still can't drive.
Cheshire CheeseJuly 1, 2026 at 6:23 PM
ReplyDeleteTypical of Brian to say he'll be flexible and then refuse to be flexible.
AmbridgesMrsPJuly 1, 2026 at 6:28 PM
Can’t remember who said it, but correct IMO, Ambers father is a replacement for Matt Crawford.
Out to have his way with every trick in the book.
Blatantly squashing George with his own agenda and eventually manoeuvring George around to his argument.
I have accepted that as the older generation of actors fades away new blood is required in Ambridge, and so far I have accepted those new characters, but for a reason I cannot myself understand, I have not taken to Ambers parents at all, right from the beginning, and I really resent them becoming part of TA.
And now to cap it all, we are told they are from Lewisham.
The Borough of Lewisham, where I grew up ( as did the awful Rachel Reeves ) and a place that i will forever disdain.
Apologies for my rant.
Wonder if the New Forest County Show is going ahead this year? And will it be too hot to go. Strange they've not had heatwaves in Ambridge!
ReplyDeleteMiriamJuly 1, 2026 at 6:54 PM
ReplyDeleteBill reminds me more of Vince, not Matt.
Matt was extremely scheming + devious at the expense of others, remember Christine losing her life savings,which doesn't sound like Bill at all.
I did love Tiger though!
AmbridgesMrsPJuly 1, 2026 at 10:25 PM
I meant in the way of scheming and manipulating Miriam.
Not that he is dishonest.
Ed. I do hope he doesn't spy for + tittle-tattle to Martyn, as it won't be worth it.
ReplyDeleteHe's already in a difficult position with Brian, as he thinks he's just a contract worker, now to find he's supposedly Brian's deputy without the contract + pay!
I do worry about Ed.
He's caught between a rock and a hard place.
DeleteThe Family Grundy cot..
ReplyDeleteI can think of 3 generations it's been used for, and would love a 4th one to also use it in a few months time.
Just call me sentimental..
Tradition means much more than fancy gimmicky alternatives, and as Neil sad so wisely - All a baby needs is love. 🥰
I find impossible to take Martyn Gibson seriously these days. He sounds to me as if he’s permanently stuck in one of those comic relief episodes we get as an antidote to the over-serious ones, often associated with Eddie Grundy in. the past.I don’t if it’s poor editing, scripting or acting - or just me.
ReplyDeleteI’ve never been able to take Martin Gibson seriously.
DeleteHe has always seemed to me to be a ‘ fill in ‘, used to fill in a gap in the flow of life in Ambridge.
Remember how awful Martyn Gibson was to Kathy at the Golf Club, so she resigned +-left her job, hardly a fill-in part then.
DeleteHowever he knows Brian well, having been together on the BL board for very many years, my guess is at least 15yrs if not a lot more.
If anyone knows Brian + Adam well, then it's him as he has seen many Adam/Brian clashes before, such as at the Mega Dairy set-up.
Martyn to me is the one person who could help sort Brian + the Home Farm situation out.
OK - there have been fun interludes with Martyn - the mobile sauna, taking dating tips from Chelsea + Zainab but he did show a different side of him with them.
I do think though, he's not just a fill in character, but one who can perhaps make a difference, be it only in the short-terrn.
I take your point Miriam, but he seems to have passed over my consciousness.
DeleteTo my mind when he appears, it is to make a difference in some way, be it good or bad.
DeleteJust my thought!
I agree, Miriam, that Martyn Gibson’s role as a leading local businessman is an influential one, but there seems a discrepancy between the role and the man who to me always sounds like a buffoon, not just when he is being one. The actor’s vocal style is partly to blame. I think it dates back to TA’s ill-judged spoof on A Christmas Carol.
DeleteThank you Maryellen, you’ve given me the words I could not find for myself on this occasion.
DeleteIt is the actors vocal style that for me places him in a derisory position, leaving me to dismiss him entirely.
It makes him a lightweight whom I cannot take seriously.
Yes, I agree with all three of you above, but since Martyn's wife left him, he's undergone a change of character together with his clothes style, romping on Tracy's sofa and I can't take him seriously either.
Delete"Martyn" is great as Maurice in the Charles Paris stories - now that characterc is a buffoon! 😁
DeletePut it like this, I'd rather have Martyn than Brian, though Ed might feel differently at the moment.
DeleteListening to the Omnibus today I was confused - are Chris and Lottie a couple? Didn't realise they even knew each other.
ReplyDeleteAnd, I didn't realise Chris and Martha are still living with Fallon and will have to move when whatsisname comes home. (Thanks to dying in Coronation Street!) Surely the flat above the shop must be repaired by now?
Yes Archerphile, Chris and Lottie have been "an item" for a while now and we got rather a lot of them recently. I can't remember when she became a receptionist at the surgery, but never mind. Her daughter is called Madison and you were thinking of Harrison coming back.
DeleteI always enjoy the omnibus and play a game, as to spot what has been cut out from the nightly episodes.
DeleteToday's was so obvious - Helen going off to sort out the SUV driver parking outside, so Kirstu hung the wallpaper upside down. Although this wasn't anything to do with the current S/L, it was never the less, one of the more comedic scenes.
28th to the 30TH of July Archerphile ⭐️‼️ The New Forest County Show, as for the weather who knows probably too hot or if not too wet but I don’t think that is likely just yet 🙃
ReplyDeleteThanks Lady R. Don't think I'll be going this year, whatever the weather!
DeleteSeems like my question as to when Chris will be moving back into the flat above the shop was answered tonight! And, Basia, I had completely missed out onLottie/Chris. I only knew she worked at the surgery. Their relationship just passed me by!!
ReplyDeleteThey got together via a dating app.
DeleteArcherphile, I'm not surprised because it was something like they both had a date and it was left to us to work out with whom.
DeleteAs far as I remember they had the first date, realised who each other were and Chris told Fallon, they might meet up again.
DeleteIt's all been behind the scenes really, until recently.
I still want Chris + Alice to re-unite - if only dreams came true said wistfully..
I wonder if things will change, when Chris + Martha finally get their flat back...🤔
DeleteI feel the family dynamics are bound to change when Martha starts doing things with Chris plus Lottie in Alice’s place, also Alice plus Rex in Chris’s place though this doesn’t seem to be happening. Maybe Martha will take it all in her stride and perhaps play it for al it’s worth, or. maybe she with become confused and unsettled with all that brings. Any child psychologists around?
DeleteNo, not a child psychologist, but a displaced mother, when the next wife became established, and one child in particular wanted to be with her daddy and would pay any price to do so.
DeleteI don’t think she had or has any confusion over her choice, but her sister was quite definitely challenged with the loyalty that became a struggle for her.
And the displaced wife still feels the consequences of the loss of much of her daughter’s childhood’s.
So yes Maryellen, I agree, the family dynamics may well change.
There is something brewing in the George / Amber camp…. Has George been caught on video driving the car(s) or is Amber about to need an emergency trip to the hospital 🤔
ReplyDeleteAmber is definitely wearing the trousers in this relationship, and they are not even married yet !
ReplyDeleteBy all means give back the cot, but why involve Susan, they don't know each other, what's the purpose?
ReplyDeleteSusan is the baby’s great grandmother, the Gordon’s are its grandparents, so they all belong to its extended family. As always, lovely Susan is doing her best. to be helpful. She is Ambridge’s least self centred resident.
DeletePS. It’s Apple that’s fixated on the apostrophe ‘s’, not me!
DeleteSusan just wants to be nosy + see where they live along with a chance to mix with them, in the same way she was with Brian + Jennifer when Alice + Chris got married. I can just hear her saying to them - well we are almost family...😆
DeleteYes, Miriam, I think she'll want to make the point that - we are family now. Let's see whether the outcome will be positive or will create a further rift, I'm prepared for a surprise.
DeleteI don’t think we have to take such a negative view of Susan. There’s a lot to admire in her. Yes, she may have been curious to see what the new additions to the Grundy/Carter clan were like - who wouldn’t be? All of us, for a start. But her primary motive was.to help Amber in any way she could. Satisfying her natural curiosity would be a bonus. Neil lacks curiosity as well as imagination
DeleteI certainly didn't think my view and comment was negative. It was just an observation based on Susan's previous ideas of joining those in other circles.
DeleteMiriam and BASIA - yes, precisely the point I took.
ReplyDeleteSusan HAS to be involved, with the intention of heightening her own presence within the family hierarchy.
That is Number one !
I can imagine Neil thinking….. oh dear, here we go again…… but I do love her.
Well that was a surprise, and a well kept secret.
ReplyDeleteWell done TA !
Well done Tony and Bridge Farm!
ReplyDeleteI think Pat and Tony should have shared the award.
DeleteI agree, yes, of course and Tony said so himself, but it's farmer of the year, protocol?
DeleteAh Sophie Wessex what a lovely surprised so genuine and unaffected I thought she did very well ⭐️
ReplyDeleteWhen I read the tag line I thought it might be Jeremy Clarkson 🙃
Surprise!
ReplyDeleteLovely to hear that the special guest was Sophie Wessex. I like the way that she just gets on with job without any drama.
ReplyDeleteSpeaking of Bridge Farm, we survived the very hot weather at the Badminton flower show and were not disappointed by the TA 75th anniversary garden. Jo Thompson did her usual good job and there were some nice little touches. The goats weren't there because of the high temperature which I expected. It was an enjoyable day for us with the bonus of being able to visit family.
Hopefully the garden will be shown on tomorrow's Gardener's World which comes from the show.
There's an interesting piece with photos, about the Duchess of Edinburgh doing the recording, on the BBC news website page, in case anyone is interested.
ReplyDeleteSad, sad news. Just heard of the death of Paddy Green in the 8am news. The character I most admired and felt most like me for so many years.
ReplyDeleteWe had all thought she must be unwell as she had not been heard for some time, but like Peggy, she was an incredibly long term member of the cast.
Now it remains to be seen how her death will be handled in the story.
R.I.P. Paddy and thanks for all the years of pleasure listening to you.
Archerphile, yes you told us how you identified with her.
DeleteI once saw her on TV and she said that Jill had taken over and she baked cakes instead of drinking gin & tonic.
Goodbye Jill and thank you.
I was just coming on to say I heard this news & a short interview with Timothy Bentinck at about 8.50 on the today programme. Must confess that got more of a response from me than the death of Anne Widdecombe
ReplyDeleteI thought the same KP.
DeleteI agree and was surprised that she is not on the BBC website nor mentioned in the news bulletins, apart from Today which I haven't heard.
DeleteWH had a tribute to Anne Widdecombe but nothing about Paddy Greene, even in passing, though she was on the programme not long ago and the Archers often are.
I did not know of Paddy Green’s death although not surprising still a sad loss to us Archer followers. What day for upsetting news , Paddy passing and Anne W
Deletemurdered 🙁
There is a half-page item on Patricia Greene on page 23 of this Saturday’s Guardian with a larger version of the publicity photo on the TA website.
DeleteThere have at last, been very many items on "Jill" and her passing.
DeleteThe one on the RT web page has a photo of Jill + David from early days. David looks so young with longish hair and a moustache! He is recognisable - just. I 😃
I felt the recent photos of Sophie Ma’am and actors in the recording studio weren’t very complimentary to those playing David and Brian. Good thing their voices haven’t changed with time.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteDoes Brian know that George laughed off Ruairi's confession or did he only tell Lilian?
ReplyDeleteYes, Susan, I want the doorbell to stay too, it's almost a signature tune!
Hearing the shop bell is a great way of immediately knowing where they are.
DeleteJust listened to this weekends pod cast.
ReplyDeleteSuch a delightful listen.
ARCHERPHILE - if you listen, see if you remember the name of the Brookfield youngster and the shenanigans that went on at Arkwright Hall.
I’m pleased to say I did remember.
Yes, I did remember that lad, but not the goings on at Arkwright Hall. That place mainly reminds me of Aunt Laura and 'the dog lady'.
DeleteFunny isn’t it what sticks in our memories, and what doesn’t.
DeleteNow you mention them I too remember Aunt Laura at Arkwright Hall and yes the dog lady who went on to the Laurels, I think.
And Freddie Danny !
Freddie Danby
DeleteI listened this morning while doing the ironing, it was an enjoyable episode. The Arkwright hall events were before my time.
ReplyDeleteI watched Gardeners' World yesterday to see the Badminton Flower Show broadcast. Interesting that Adam Frost is a listener to the programme. I spent some time yesterday sorting out my more than 300 photos of the flower show and noticed that in the TA garden bit they didn't show the table with Helen's cheeses on.
Is Ian going to carry on blackmailing Brian, I wonder?
ReplyDeleteMaryellen, could you or someone explain to me what the payment has to do with the seed drill, is it the benefits from its use?
DeleteI think £35,000 was what the seed drill cost, so he’s given his five children its cash value divided equally between them. Presumably the drill is the Partnership’s biggest single asset and he is in effect personally buying it off them. And trying to keep Ian quiet, of course
DeleteWell, that’s how I see it, but I tend to lose concentration with the financial details, especially in a heatwave! I’ll be interested in what you think.
I'm not sure but I thought the seed drill was something like £120,000, bought by Stella but it wasn't authorised by Brian as he was on holiday. She spoke to Adam for advice who intimated that as manager it was her decision. I might be very wrong on this, as usual!
DeleteI can't work out what the seed drill had to do with the pay-out Brian made.
Thank you, yes it makes sense, but as Ian points out in not so many words it's just pocket money to keep them quiet. I'm also overheated but how much is the farm worth and Adam's years of input. Before I knew it was the drill I thought it was some kind of percentage of the overall assets. Still, Adam wants to put it behind him and Ian seems to agree. At least his words had some effect but no doubt he will make his feelings clear to Brian when he gets an opportunity. Brian will leave the land to someone, will it go to his biological children, remains to be seen.
DeleteI caught the end of Pick of the Week yesterday, presented by Charles Collingwood, with the Archers at 75 and Jazzer singing, some of you have probably heard it already.
I listened to Pick of the Week, but still have the R3 Music Night to listen to.
DeleteI heard a bit of Jazzer singing on the podcast a few weeks ago, and just that snippet gave me goosebumps so am looking forwards to hearing it in full plus the rest of the concert.
Miriam, you're right about the purchase of the seed drill and Stella and Adam.
DeleteI was also confused, but that's what they said and the synopsis confirmed it.
Therefore Maryellen's explanation makes sense.
Ian did say it cost more, but Adam mentioned depreciation.
I still think it's a cheap trick.
WOW That's some depreciation as it's only 3 years old as purchased in I think 2023. I had no idea that such losses happened so quickly. I 've certainly learnt something so Thanks.
DeleteME certainly has a massive amount of TA knowledge, far better than mine ever will be.
DeleteYes, I’ve just read in the Telegraph that the drill cost £120, 000 new, so Brian’s knocked a lot off for depreciation unless as Ian said, the £7000 each was a fist instalment to keep them and Ian quiet for the time being
DeleteIf I remember correctly, wasn't the full price £150,000 but Stella was on a time limited offer for the £120,000?
DeleteI'm relying on my memory only which is certainly not as it was!
Better than mine, Miriam!
DeleteIn my archive Archers listening, I'm now up to 2012. This is fascinating as it is only 14yrs ago. George is a youngster, Ruairi is now at boarding school, Adam + Brian are hardly talking due to the mega dairy plans, Keira is only just over a year old and Emma/Clarrie/Susan are already saying what a clever girl she is + full of character, and Tom has just got a new polytunnel, sounds familiar!
ReplyDeleteSo many seeds were being sown then which are now appearing again now.
The parallels are fascinating.
Oh and Tracy has just appeared full-time.
Also Brian, Adam + Debbie are still joint directors of Home Farm with Adam, Debbie + Ruairi in Brian's will to inherit equally.
DeleteJust out of interest, what did he leave to his wife?
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteSorry. I should have clarified that the inheritence mentioned was to do with the then Home Farm business partnership of Brian, Adam + Debbie all equal then, with Ruairi put into the will as Brianfs biological son.
DeleteThe farmhouse ie the family home was not included in this part of his will, so no idea what was in the will as to Jennifer. Kate + Alice had already been gifted their cottages by then.
On that note, I'll disappear + shut up! 😵
DeleteBroken bottle - George killed my baby and he's having one himself - lack of communication - anything else? Harrison's only been back a few hours.
ReplyDeleteSuccinctly put BASIA !
DeleteGo away, Harrison, before you do any more damage.
DeleteI'm an Harrison fan and love that he's back. 😃
DeleteIt will take time for Harrison to settle back into Ambridge after such a long time away, not only with it's unique village life, but also he + Fallon settling back into married life as a couple.
There has to be a period of re-adjusting and re-uniting, which is not helped by starting his new job so soon.
ME must be able to answer the query I have. Is Harrison still a sargent or was he demoted to constable?
Correction for my spelling:-
DeleteI meant is Harrison still a police sergeant?
To add I'm looking forwards to Harrison being a Rural Police Officer with their new increased powers, just like the one who attended David's lamb massacre.
DeleteI'm hoping he'll make a difference as to rural crime 🫰
Still sergeant rank as far as I can tell. His character description on the TA website calls him a police officer which covers all eventualities. I’m not a fan of his. I thought his behaviour post-accident was abominable and I have a horrible feeling we are going to get more .
DeleteIsn't Amber's Mum delightful?!?!
ReplyDeleteShe does it well, doesn’t she.
DeleteFirst class bitch !
On this occasion I thought Kirsty got it wrong.
ReplyDeleteThere is no doubt whatsoever that Tom is a plonker…….
But I felt for him tonight.
It’s clear that he still has residual feelings for Kirsty, and he was hurt and confused that she had not confided in him about the baby.
I thought Kirsty was really unkind towards him this evening.
Poor Tom, beastly Kirsty! Just like she was to Roy after the miscarriage and was recently on the verge of with Rex. Bloggers blamed it on hormones. Kirsty brings all her woes on herself.
ReplyDeleteTo be fair to Kirsty, she has so far told very few people - her best friend and her workmate, who perhaps needed to know. And Amber, but that was accidental.
DeleteShe did plan to tell Tom, in her own time, and presumably before making a public announcement in The Bull. It is not her fault that Helen and then Pat accidentally spilled the beans.
Yes, Tom was hurt not to have been told sooner. And, yes, he did tell Kirsty promptly when Natasha was expecting. But perhaps he could have been a bit less blunt. How about, 'I'm sure Helen's told you already that she accidentally let slip your news. I'm really happy for you. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone else until you're ready for it to be public knowledge.'
There again, this is the guy who didn't have the guts to tell his fiancee he had cold feet before the day of the wedding. (I don't think he even told her then, didn't he send a messenger to say the wedding was off?)
And this is the woman who was so unaware of her fiancé’s inner turmoil that she was more concerned with choice of wedding stationery than his mental agony. Also the woman who used Tom as a sperm donor without telling him. At least Erik got the option. I don’t admire Kirsty in every respect (though she was great to listen to in The Canterbury Tales) and I’m not confident that she is good parent material. Longing and love are not enough.
DeleteWhy else was she playing RussIan roulette with no contraception if she hadn’t entertained the possibility of getting pregnant by Tom? Kirsty is misguided but not stupid! 🙂
DeleteTakes two to tango!
DeleteYes, but in this case only one of them knew the score.
DeleteIt's very complex and sensitive, there are people who are definitely backing Kirsty.
ReplyDeleteOn the whole I agree with OWiaS and their conversation should have ended at the Green.
Tom did tell Kirsty himself at the vestry and she wailed. It was supposed to be their third time "unlucky" as he had left her for Brenda and I don't remember before that.
Now almost everybody knows, Jakob was first, but didn't tell Kate.
I don't agree that Kirsty planned to get pregnant by Tom, it was a one off for old times sake and they both agreed it was nice.
Now what about Anne-Marie accusing Susan of wanting to make a profit from the wretched cot!
ReplyDeleteAnd why did Susan keep it - status symbol?
It said that she "makes a friend"!?
The plot thickens...
I really enjoyed Susan and Amber's trip to the Felpersham Theatre Royal, until Anne-Marie's final appearance (hiss, boo!), as I have often wished theatregoing featured more in Ambridge's cultural life. Well done Susan for making it part of your family's growing up. Didn't Lynda once organise a coach trip to the theatre at Stratford upon Avon or is that wishful thinking? Otherwise, Ambridge's theatricals are homegrown.
ReplyDeleteWell apart from getting the weather wrong - at least it’s out in the open quite quickly after ‘his’ return.
ReplyDeleteA right royal row, I’d say.
Is this problem ever going to be resolved between Fallon and Harrison ?
The other thing that was glaringly obvious to me, was that while Harrison was far more explicit in his responses, about his job, to others, he was not so with his wife.
All I've seen + read today is hate towards Harrison as selfish, no feelings for Fallon and the marriage is doomed, so the split will happen soon etc etc.
ReplyDeleteI'm not giving my thoughts, but I do wonder if TA is teasing us listeners as to this scenario and giving red herring signals, where in fact it might just turn out differently in some way..🤷♀️
But then this thought is just stupid, I admit + accept.
Not at all stupid Miriam, it wouldn't be the first time that the SWs have misled us.
DeleteI agree with CC, you could be right, Miriam. Harrison hasn’t shown any sign of his previous bad behaviour that I’ve noticed, but I think he may be hiding something.
DeleteTom has pinched the idea of a field kitchen from our veg box farmer. He set his up in 2021 in one of the big farm sheds and has won awards for it. We've had some lovely meals there. It's Groobarbs Field Kitchen in case anyone wants to Google it.
ReplyDeleteRiverford Organics have had a Field Kitchen for ages. We took the children years ago for a tour around the farm followed by a delicious meal. Sadly, Devon is too far away for us to be regular visitors. But if you're down that way, I'd recommend a visit.
DeleteWe had a ‘ Long Table ‘ weekly in Stroud. And that was before the covid period.
DeleteDuring that period they continued to cook and set up freezers in various local places. Our village had one in our church.
All meals at a set price of a fiver.
The long table was originally in the warehouse where we had a second hand furniture bank, then later moved to one of the decrepit old mills, restored by volunteers. The food was all surplus from various sources.
It’s certainly not a new idea, although Helen seemed to greet it as such.
I'm sure a personalised, hand-drawn picture book for the new baby would be a far more treasured gift than an OTT cot.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed yesterday’s episode with three characters I like showing why I like them (Tom, Helen and Susan being supportive) and one I might get to like (Anne-Marie). TA at its best even if not its most gripping!
ReplyDeleteAnne - Marie certainly showed a different side to her character yesterday.
ReplyDeleteInteresting tho’ that, like her daughter, she was introduced as an unpleasant person, then a few episodes later, showed signs of being a pleasant person after all.
And with Amber and George’s mother, then with A- M and Susan.
I thought Anne-Marie was very unpleasant at the theatre meet-up, accusing Susan of stealing that cot to sell it.
DeleteTo me she's being devious + cunning, now using Susan seeing how close they were, to try to get to + influence Amber away from George + The Grundy's.
To add + to clarify - A-M sees another + easier way, to get to know what abd how, Amber + George are doing.
DeleteIf Monty had attacked the sheep, surely he would have come home in a right state. I can't believe Lynda wouldn't have noticed.
ReplyDeleteOh dear, World Cup final versus The Archers at 7pm tonight. It will have to be the football with fingers crossed for Spain to win!
ReplyDeleteKick off isn’t until 8.00 pm so there shouldn’t be a conflict. We’ve got a family get together in Sussex, departure will be scheduled so MrNiuts can watch the match, although he will no doubt set it to record so he can watch on time slip if the traffic is a problem
DeletePhew! Thanks, KPnuts. I gather there’ll be a lot of additional razzmatazz, which I’m happy to miss.
DeleteI have son from France here at the moment so we watched the third place playoff between France and England last night. I never normally watch football and have managed to ignore the entire World Cup, but thought I should watch last night. Must say it was very exciting with all those goals and sporting behaviour. Didn't know which team to support in view of family allegiances and would have been just as happy for either them to win. Shan't be watching final though with the argy-bargies playing (or cheating)
DeleteListening to Tom talking to Kirsty and previously Helen doesn't give the impression that he feels he had been used for reproductive purposes and I'm not advocating for either of them because I don't have favourite characters. He told his daughters that they had a half-brother called Wren.
ReplyDeleteThese one off pregnancies have been used to cover different issues: Annette's prompted Helen to use a sperm donor, Chelsea's resulted in an abortion and Kirsty's in a stillbirth.
Kate and Pip used contraception and became pregnant all the same.
People have sex which may end up in a pregnancy, these things happen as Siobhan told Brian.
I don't know if anyone listens to the podcast, but this week's had two very interesting parts.
ReplyDeleteA real life Rural Police Officer talking about the job and what the outcome might be for Lynda if Monty was responsible.
At the very end there is a short sketch done by some cast members "in character", recorded at Clarence House at the 70th anniversary event, hosted by the then Duchess if Cornwall. It's never been heard before and is comical.
I listen regularly to the podcast Miriam, and yes, I agree, that rural crime officer was very interesting.
DeleteAm wondering just how committed Alice is to Rex moving in. She sent him packing back to his barge very easily, as she didn't want to be disturbed when he returned back late.
ReplyDeleteThis doesn't sound like a woman in love
I don’t think Alice and Rex are deeply in love. It’s more like a marriage of convenience. What other options have they got in Ambridge?
DeleteMmmm
DeleteInteresting !
We don’t often hear of any Ambridge residents looking outside of the village for love interest, do we.
Can anyone think of such a situation ?
I remember the days of the wine bar in Felpersham. At least we ventured outside of the village for some social activities.
Rarely now, except shopping occasionally.
Hearing Linda ( briefly) this evening I was surprised that there was no mention of the possibility that her dog was the perpetrator of the attack on Brookfield sheep.
She bought expensive dog food, so must feel very confident that he will not be taken from her.
I think Roy had a go at online dating and threw his net slightly wider than Ambridge.
DeleteMy thought was maybe Lynda was treating the condemned to a hearty breakfast, but I would be really shocked if she had allowed Monty out unsupervised, that just seems totally out of character. I s this the first time we have heard what breed Monty is?
Chris went on a dating app and matched with someone in Ambridge.
DeleteIf I remember rightly, Roy ended up with Tracy (pre-Jazzer) who described him as Mr Boring of Borsetshire.
DeleteYes, but there was also some very tall woman and speculation that she might be trans, though not in the end, they put up a tent? Roy and tents...
DeleteWhen Lynda first got Monty from the rescue kennels and took him home, she told everyone it was a Doberman. I remember there was an uproar as the picture shown on a site, not so sure it wasn't a BBC page of some sort, was of a Doberman with cropped ears, which is illegal and not true to the breed..It was quickly changed.
DeleteNow that Bert is at the shop perhaps Carol will come in, or will they meet at the fete?
ReplyDeleteI'm still hoping.
Amber is from outside Ambridge, Vince, Dane.
This new event barn at LL, rather sudden, don't you think?
I don’t remember any conversation between Elizabeth and Fallon about the cruck barn. Apparently it was just after Christmas ?
DeleteAnyone else remember this conversation ?
As for Bert at the shop.
I really didn’t like his appearance in person, as opposed to his being a long term silent character, but he is certainly growing on me now. I really enjoyed his double act with Susan last night.
Perhaps he is about to become our replacement for Joe Grundy.
We didn’t hear that conversation. I guess listeners didn’t need to know about the barn till now, when it was introduced to us for the next development in the Lower Loxley and Fallon/Harrison sagas. I suppose the barn builds on the old+ Art Gallery concept as an exhibition and event space.
DeleteIf Fallon accepts the job as Creative Manager(?) then this will affect Ruth and David with their events barn, as Fallon sometimes did the catering for some of the parties held there.
DeleteAnother opening for Emma?
DeleteJust a little bit singed, a metaphor for the mariage? Jolene's money might be wasted.
ReplyDeleteWill Rex sell the boat? How can he part with it?
I thought about him selling the boat, but then also thought it could be a very nice adventure for Martha as she grows towards being an older child.
DeleteMaybe Rex could rent out his boat?
Delete