BasiaSeptember 7, 2026 at 10:31 AM Archerphile - let us know how you're getting on if you can.
Now for something different: I normally wear roomy shirts with the sleeves rolled up below elbows. Today and not for the first time one of them caught the open door handle as I was entering a room - a shock to the system and slightly thrown off balance, well hilarious really, however many accidents happen at home. A neighbour pulled a tendon while coming down a step ladder and can now only walk on a flat surface. We live in a hilly area and I miss meeting him on my daily trip into town.
REPLY
MiriamSeptember 7, 2026 at 4:13 PM My worst household accident was done hoovering the stairs. I came down backwards, the hoover slipped on a step and both it and I went down. I ended up against the newel post breaking a rib, painful to breathe and as for a cough! Mind you I was also wearing slippers which wouldn't have helped. My vacuum now has a "lift away" part, which makes the stairs so easy to do, as it's just lightweight abd hand held.
AmbridgesMrsPSeptember 7, 2026 at 12:19 PM Miriam - I think I will give your. Bea and sausage casserole a try. Sounds healthy and tasty.
Have I ever told ? ……… fifty years ago when living in Malmesbury the Red Arrows used to do their routine training in the air above Tetbury - they were based in Kemble then - every Tuesday afternoon. My garden faced north looking uphill towards Tetbury. I would sit and watch them for the time of the practice. Along with the training flights of Concord prior to it going into service. Precious memories since I had been fascinated by aircraft from being a small child in London during the war.
ARCHERPHILE - how are you coping with all the extra work involved in sorting out the damage left by the vehicle crashing into your wall ?
REPLY
MiriamSeptember 7, 2026 at 5:23 PM Mrs P. Interesting idea as to a cat harness, but how easy would it be to walk both on leads with both probably walking at different speeds - consider carefully. At least your cat knows his place and seems quite content to sit and wait for you to return, which sounds just lovely.
REPLY
AmbridgesMrsPSeptember 7, 2026 at 7:17 PM Yes Miriam, will take on board your thoughts. Thank you
SozSeptember 7, 2026 at 8:34 PM I’m so sorry you had a bad experience with the anaesthetic injections Mrs P. I was lucky with that. The injection into your palm where there is no flesh must have been excruciating. As for shouting and swearing when in pain, reminds me of noisy labour wards - if it helps why not! When I had my second hip op, I was waiting in the room leading to the operating theatre and heard the surgeons talking about the previous op in which everything that could have gone wrong had done so. I shouted to them that they had better do the next one properly!!
BasiaSeptember 7, 2026 at 10:31 AM
ReplyDeleteArcherphile - let us know how you're getting on if you can.
Now for something different: I normally wear roomy shirts with the sleeves rolled up below elbows.
Today and not for the first time one of them caught the open door handle as I was entering a room - a shock to the system and slightly thrown off balance, well hilarious really, however many accidents happen at home. A neighbour pulled a tendon while coming down a step ladder and can now only walk on a flat surface. We live in a hilly area and I miss meeting him on my daily trip into town.
REPLY
MiriamSeptember 7, 2026 at 4:13 PM
My worst household accident was done hoovering the stairs. I came down backwards, the hoover slipped on a step and both it and I went down. I ended up against the newel post breaking a rib, painful to breathe and as for a cough! Mind you I was also wearing slippers which wouldn't have helped.
My vacuum now has a "lift away" part, which makes the stairs so easy to do, as it's just lightweight abd hand held.
AmbridgesMrsPSeptember 7, 2026 at 12:19 PM
ReplyDeleteMiriam - I think I will give your. Bea and sausage casserole a try.
Sounds healthy and tasty.
Have I ever told ? ……… fifty years ago when living in Malmesbury the Red Arrows used to do their routine training in the air above Tetbury - they were based in Kemble then - every Tuesday afternoon. My garden faced north looking uphill towards Tetbury. I would sit and watch them for the time of the practice.
Along with the training flights of Concord prior to it going into service.
Precious memories since I had been fascinated by aircraft from being a small child in London during the war.
ARCHERPHILE - how are you coping with all the extra work involved in sorting out the damage left by the vehicle crashing into your wall ?
REPLY
MiriamSeptember 7, 2026 at 5:23 PM
Mrs P. Interesting idea as to a cat harness, but how easy would it be to walk both on leads with both probably walking at different speeds - consider carefully.
At least your cat knows his place and seems quite content to sit and wait for you to return, which sounds just lovely.
REPLY
AmbridgesMrsPSeptember 7, 2026 at 7:17 PM
Yes Miriam, will take on board your thoughts.
Thank you
SozSeptember 7, 2026 at 8:34 PM
ReplyDeleteI’m so sorry you had a bad experience with the anaesthetic injections Mrs P. I was lucky with that. The injection into your palm where there is no flesh must have been excruciating. As for shouting and swearing when in pain, reminds me of noisy labour wards - if it helps why not!
When I had my second hip op, I was waiting in the room leading to the operating theatre and heard the surgeons talking about the previous op in which everything that could have gone wrong had done so. I shouted to them that they had better do the next one properly!!